¿Comments? Sandisk "USB" SD Card

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken-L, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I'm considering the Sandisk 512MB Ultra II SD PLUS, Secure Digital (SD) Card/USB Flash Drive for use in a ultra-compact point & shoot (it will be the Pentax Optio S6).

Anyone familiar with, or used this card?

If it is as good as the other Sandisk Cards, I would use this rather than buy a regular card and then have to get a card reader for it, since I only have a CF reader now.

Opinions? Comments?

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Most of my cards are sandisk cards. I bought my mother a Sandisk for her Canon Elph SD and it works fine. I have one lexar card and find it works too. I can't tell a difference between the two. I don't think you could go wrong with Sandisk or Lexar, and if speed is not an issue then you could get a generic but the usb feature of the sandisk is neat, although it looks like it could be an area prone to stress and failure. Having not seen one in person I can't really comment the build quality.

3. MicroChip

MicroChip

Oct 29, 2005
    I have the 1gb Ultra II SD for my D50 and it's an awesome card. Very fast. I didn't get the plus version because I have SD card reader built in to my HP laptop, but if you don't have an SD reader, the plus seems like a very convenient option.

MC

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Thanks, Patrick and MC....all my CF cards have been SanDisk too. I'll get one of these and see how it goes.....

5. It is really slick. My wife just got one for her S4. You just bend the thing in half and it is ready to plug into a USB port. My only concern with SD cards is they are sooo tiny - seems easy to lose.

6. Don, if you think SD's are small, try shooting with XD cards!!! Half the size and thickness of the SD. Set a black XD card down on a black desk and it disappears!