09-17-08 HS Golf

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by GeoffBolte, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Just doing my thing once again. Here are some shots from yesterdays match. Not your typical all action as I was working on some other shots as well. Trying to get more than just the action, which is a little bit tougher in HS setting rather than PGA stuff as they just go about their business as they would be holding up the paying customers once they are on the course.

GCB_3343.jpg

GCB_3374.jpg

GCB_3403.jpg

GCB_3413.jpg

5. A little fist pump after sinking a 10+ foot putt.
    GCB_3468.jpg

GCB_3508_copy.jpg

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I really like these. I have a mom who wants me to get some pics of her high school golfer..I just have not had the time to get them done yet. I hope to get something close to these.

Well done.

3. Very nice Geoff, maybe I'll see you out there today!

4. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I like your framing, it shows the solitude of a golfer being a team of one out there. Nice bokeh on the last two.

Enjoy the warmth, the hockey season gets cranked up here real soon. (football last game is Oct 4 and first real game in hockey is that night!)

5. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Really nice captures. I have football and softball going right now. Basketball starting soon.

6. tlong

tlong

May 25, 2008
    Southeast, USA
    Good job, Geoff. I really enjoy playing and shooting golf. #3, 5, and 6 stand out to me. What lens are you using for these?

7. Great shots!!

In picture #3 I noticed the young man is using the "baseball" grip. You dont see that very often.

take care,

Rick

8. Like that No. 5 shot, nice lighting

9. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Very nice ...!! .. i think you did a nice job with framing and subject content !!

10. Thanks Rod, make sure you get out soon, the good light will be going away fast.

Was great meeting up with you, hope you had fun in a little impromptu golf, even if it was a little short.

Thanks Tim, football ends on the 4th? wow, short season. Figure Thanksgiving was always the last game for football. Anyways can't wait to see your new hockey shots with the set up.

Thanks Alan!

Tracey, 300mm 2.8. I primarily use that lens for all sports if I can I just love it.

Thanks Rick, very true, a baseball grip isn't normal, at least in golf. Bet I'll see him on the baseball team in the spring.

Thanks Brooks, granted I can't take all the credit for the lighting conditions, :biggrin:

Thanks Topher, I am finally breaking out of my shell on how to shoot golf, and try different things.