1/50th Swans

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Commodorefirst, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hello,
    Another shot from the last few days of testing the new camera,

An interesting look with the very blurred wings due to the 1/50th second shutter speed, hand held with the 200-400 and 1.7 at 650mm.

I can never seem to get a group of swans together here on the river without some of them having their neck bands. I would like a shot without one once in a while! lol

Anyway,

Out of town for the week, leaving Tuesday, thought I would say so long, see you all next weekend, taking all the gear to the inlaws, who knows what I will come home with? Good barn locations so probably some static shots.

cheers,

Wade

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Wade,
    these sure show the motion of the wings, with the rest in focus. good job with 1/50th. wow.

Might ask Bill Dewey who he call to notify about the banded swans. Think it opened up some opportunities for him with the Swan society :>))))
    The bad is quite readable. I know they like to track them...

Happy New year to ya.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2005
  3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pretty good job of panning with these guys. I can't imagine trying to get flight shots at 1/50th, and Gale is correct, you can read the visible part of the band. :smile:

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Frank,

Normally i don't shoot anything flying at this shutter speed but i thought, heck, it was getting dark, f6.7, what the heck, had to give the D200 a workout on it's auto focus. Captured 5 quick ones in a row at 5fps and all were pretty good for being so late at night. I had just reset the ISO to 100 from 400 to get ready to put the camera and lens into the bag when they flew alongside the car way out over the wetlands.

talk to you all next weekend, time to pack and go to bed.

Wade