1.7TC with the af-s 60mm f/2.8 work?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by lovD300, Aug 29, 2008.

1. lovD300

lovD300

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    will the 1.7TC with the af-s 60mm f/2.8 work together?

2. I don't believe so.

AM

3. lovD300

lovD300

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    thanks Sean,
    but that doesn't have the "af-s" version of the 60mm f/2.8.

4. Hi

a TC14 works fine on a 105VR.

With shorter lenses, there is a risk of two colliding glasses (for "first" of the TC with the "last" of the lens), so I'll try is very very carefully ...

Regards,

Mattes

5. AF-S or not, you're talking about the problem of glass hitting glass when you try and mount a TC. AF-S isn't going to change that.

6. lovD300

lovD300

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    Okay, well that is too bad. I still building my kit and am going to get the 1.7tc and the 70-200 lens, and was wondering if it would work with the 60mm macro. I worked it out and on my d300 that would of come out to a 153mm macro!

well I would like to thank everyone for the help:biggrin:

7. I can't comment on the Nikon TC, but I use my Kenko 1.4x TC on my 50 f/1.8 all the time.
    I have also tried it on several different lenses (both AF-D & AF-S) checking closely that there is plenty of clearance between the elements.
    Because the Kenko TC has a screw drive, it will focus both AF-D & AF-S lenses...
    From what I understand, the Kenko has its front element recessed further into the TC than the Nikon and gives additional clearance.
    But this is something you will need to check very carefully as you never want the lens rear element to come into contact with the TC's elements...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.