1 ea. 28-70mm f/2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by F15Todd, Apr 26, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    7:00am picked up the slip telling me my new lens was in at the post office
    10:00am pick-up window at the post office opens and a few minutes after I'm walking out with my lens
    10:45am heading back to work now, and trying like hell to think of a way get skip out early

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You ARE going to love this lens

With the exception of my 200-400VR, :shock: this is my favorite lens, my almost exclusive portrait lens.

3. Congratulations, Todd! Todd, I toured your pbase gallery, and I think you made a good decision with the 28-70/2.8. You're going to get great use out of it taking portraits of Monica and Bailey, and with it's amazingly fast focusing, it'll be a perfect playground lens. I'm just completing my wedding shoot pics, and many of them were so crisp that they didn't need sharpening at all!

Can't wait to see what you'll do with it,

4. Congratulations for your acquisition Todd. That is one helluvva piece of glass. I'm looking forward to see some of your results here (already love those of UF).

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Well Todd, you should be off work by now - LETS SEE SOME PICS!!! :) (I'll bet you're gonna have fun!)

6. Congratulations Todd, you should have fun with this lens. It has a nice range and the f2.8 will let you cover most situations.

7. Congrats on the lens.. I wanted one as well but just can't justify the price :( So I content myself with the 35-70 2.8... I still have yet to use it for any paying work. I moved from the 24-70 2.8 Sigma which was without a doubt a great lens..

8. That's an interesting comment, considering you could justify $1500 for your midrange telephoto. You're in the majority, though. I did a lens survey on dpr, and it's fairly typical to own a pro telephoto, and consumer grade glass for the normal range. It leads to a strange disorder... where victims use the wide end of a 3 pound telephoto lens to take people pics and the long end to take shots of flowers. Until recently, I did the same, because my 80-200/2.8 was superior to everything else in my bag. But things have changed since I acquired the Nikon 28-70/2.8. On my weekend trip to Sedona, Arizona for a wedding shoot, I took 4 shots with the 60mm micro, 10 shots with the 80-200, and 786 shots with my new 28-70.

9. Frank,
    You are doing some pretty awesome stuff with that lens.
    you are right on what you said about the 17-55/20-70 wife thingy. I just got together with Ron Reznik on a computer so I guess my lens lust needs to hibernate for a while, but I sure like the results that lens gives you and others. I do very little portrait work so I will calm down abit now....

10. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Man, I have a big case of G.A.S,....wait a minute, that's Guitar Aquisition Syndrome.....Ok, Ok, Lens Lust it is...

Cheers from KC