1 More Recital Portrait

Discussion in 'People' started by cajun angel, May 1, 2007.

1. Okay, I copied Dennis's instructions but couldn't figure out how to do them, so I did Dave's suggestion - I used the healing brush to rid the backdrop of wrinkles, then I just adjusted the lighting, constrast, and highlights. I couldn't figure out how to darken the backdrop like Dennis did, so this is about the best I can do. I'll only post this one. I pretty much used the same technique on all of them.

This lady was exceptional in her music and is actually a teacher.
    480668565_fe69acfee1_b.

2. You're off to the races with your portraits Dianne, excellent!

3. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    Very well done!!
    Larry

4. Thanks Frits! Gotta admitt it was a fun experience!

Thanks Larry! Photo Shop isn't so intimidating after all! Love that Gary Fong sphere too!

5. Another one where you've managed to capture what is sometimes so elusive in portraiture: the subject is smiling and relaxed! In a portrait session there needs to be a relationship, a trust, developed between photographer and subject, and this isn't always easy to achieve. You've done it here, Dianne, as well as in the other portrait your shared with us. Good job!! :smile:

Looks like you are getting the hang of PS Elements, too, and all of its wonderful tools! Lighting and exposure looks right on the money and a bit of sleight-of-hand (via the Healing Brush) sure took care of any issues with the backdrop.

Excellent work!! :smile: I'll bet that everyone whose portraits you took is very happy. You did a terrific job!

6. Thanks Connie! I just told them to dream about their most favorite orchestra inviting them to be a star or "first chair" and on stage. That did it! They all put on a "dreamy smile" I think I'm gonna like photo shop now that I'm no longer intimidated by it! They'll all have their "proofs" tomorrow.

7. Great job, Dianne! You should be proud of everything you've learned and accomplished for this project. All of us here at the Cafe are sure proud of you!

8. WOW, Dennis! Thanks for sending that to me! WOW! I'm gonna save that so I can watch it over and over and practice using it! I had just gotten Elements 5, Capture NX, and had bought Scott Kelby's book on the Elements and really hadn't had a chance to do much yet. And I was scared to death of messing up the photos! I saved a total of 4 copies (2 in RAW). Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

9. Great work Dianne.
    I have to learn on making my subject feel relaxed and at ease.

10. A big attaboy to Dennis for putting up this video! Is the Cafe a great place or what?:biggrin:

11. nooykt

nooykt Guest

great shot-- I think the subject's aura is very nicely captured.

12. Well do something like I did - since I was shooting recital musicians, I asked them to imagine themselves on the stage of their most favorite orchestra. That pretty much did it!

AMEN TO THAT! I'm saving it too!

Thanks!!!!!! I had fun with it!