1 New Lens = 2 New Shots

B

Bright Angel

I recently got a Nikon 14-24 lens, I'd been using a Tokina 12-24 DX lens before that.
Here's the first 2 shots that have been processed so far.
(I've not increased the saturation, it's how they came out).

Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral
p951941414-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gateway Station, Manchester
p736205489-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking :smile:

B

Bright Angel

I LOVE the second shot. Great job Mark!

How do you like it in comparison to the Tokina?
Thank you.
I love it. Although I've taken a few photos with the Nikon, I've not started to PP the pictures yet, as I've loads to PP before them.
The Tokina seemed a bit grainy, the Nikon doesn't, plus it sharp to the edges, unlike the Tokina.

I'm glad I bought the Nikon lens, it took me a while to justify the cost to myself.
But I kept being in the situation where the Tokina @ 18mm wasn't wide enough, so I knew it was time to buy the 14-24.

As great as that Tokina is, the 14-24 just has "something". In DC a few weeks ago, the 14-24 was by far my most used lens!!

Great shots of both!

B

Bright Angel

As great as that Tokina is, the 14-24 just has "something". In DC a few weeks ago, the 14-24 was by far my most used lens!!

Great shots of both!
Thank you :smile:
Once the lens is on, it's hard to remove it, especially if you see photo ops in wide angle as opposed to telephoto.

Real Name
Chris
great shots, LOVE the clouds in #2. Also, very creative with the watermark... At first I was trying to figure out why the building had a website "inscribed" on the roof...

B

Bright Angel

It's about the lines and the colours, well done.

That 14-24 is a seriously good lens isn't it? It's a good deal sharper than my 17-35 which is no slouch in that department. Colour rendition is also awesome.
It certainly is :biggrin:

nice purchase ))
Thank you :smile:

great shots, LOVE the clouds in #2. Also, very creative with the watermark... At first I was trying to figure out why the building had a website "inscribed" on the roof...
:biggrin:
Thanks very much.

Great shots. Love the colors.

Wondering why this is in the D700 room? I think a lot of people that don't visit this room would like to see these.

B

Bright Angel

Great shots. Love the colors.

Wondering why this is in the D700 room? I think a lot of people that don't visit this room would like to see these.
Thank you.

I go for quality not quantity, the people who visit the D700 section are the cream of the crop :biggrin:

B

Bright Angel

I honestly didn't mean it in a bad way.
I don't know which other sections of NC would be interested in the photos and I'm more likely to get more insightful comments from users of the same camera as the one I use.

Latest threads

Top Bottom