10,000th shot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnK, Sep 7, 2008.

1. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    Today at NW Trek I rolled over #10,000 on my D80

Number10000.jpg

For the most part I've been happy with the D80...but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to one day, far far in the future, getting a D3. :biggrin:

2. Good fro you John, what animal is that??

3. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    Thanks Geoff. That is a North American Bobcat, they're about 2 feet tall at the shoulder and run 20-25 lbs.

4. Thanks for the shot of the Bobcat. I was surprised the other day to come within 20 feet of a Bobcat on a nature trail I frequent. I did not have my camera so failed to get a shot of it.

5. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Congrats on reaching that milestone. I took my kids to the wildlife park in Sequim a few years back and it was okay but kind of run down. How does NW Trek compare?

6. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Nice shot

7. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Yeah, nice shot John. It's a cool looking creature, almost like a scaled up domestic cat!

Congratulations on the 10000 shots, my D50 is getting close now.

8. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    Similar thing happened to me, I saw one dash across the road near my house, I got up to where it crossed and it was in the brush looking at me, but I didn't have a camera with either.

Thanks Mike, I haven't been to the one in Sequim so I can't really compare them directly. If you want to see animals I think Woodland Park Zoo is better. NW Trek really tries to give them natural habitats so you don't always see them. Yesterday we couldn't see the black bear, coyote or fox at all, and just a partial view of the grizzlies. The tram ride is very good though, you get some great views of the game animals there (Bison, elk, deer, big horn sheep, mountain goats).

It's also pretty dark where most of the predators are, even on bright days like yesterday. All those 100' tall trees and thick canopy don't let a lot of light down to ground level.

Thanks Will!

Thanks Robert, they do look a lot like some of the bigger Maine Coons, or some of the Norwegian Forest Cats.