We rely on revenue from ads to pay the bills. Please support our efforts by allowing the ads to show on the Nikon Cafe. Alternatively, consider becoming a site subscriber for $10 per year to remove all ads.
Yep.....saw the news on MacRumors but I'm going to wait until I'm back in the house (I'm out on the deck right now) before I run the update in this machine (MBA) and probably won't do the others until tomorrow.
I also just updated to 10.5.4 on my 24" Imac. All went very smooth. All programs are up and running even my Wacom tablet. After hearing all the horror stories it makes you think twice about updating.:smile:
The two machines I have left to update are the two which are more likely to be the problem children -- the Mac Pro and the G5 iMac.....I'm waiting until I have plenty of time to deal with each situation if there turn out to be any problems! I usually disconnect or at least turn off peripherals such as Wacom tablet, external HDs, etc., before doing an update of the OS, so I'll be sure to do that on both of these machines....thanks for the heads-up on that!
Connie, I ran the update on my G5 iMac and can tell you that it ran smoothly ( and I don't recall having repaired permissions or any other sort of maintenance beforehand ) so you should be all set as well with your old PPC :wink:
Thanks, Julien! Yep, that's the last one to be updated now..... Mac Pro went just fine, no issues (thank goodness! Last time I ran an update is when the thing decided to croak on me!). I need to do the G5 iMac pretty soon before too many more updates come pouring in.....