10.5.4 is out...

P

papa85

Update

I also just updated to 10.5.4 on my 24" Imac. All went very smooth. All programs are up and running even my Wacom tablet. After hearing all the horror stories it makes you think twice about updating.:smile:

I downloaded the Combo Updater -- but forgot to Repair Permissions -- and my G5 tower wouldn't start up again.

Luckily my best friend is a professional Mac IT guy and it took him 1.5 hours and DiskWarrior to get me back running again.

That said, now its fine, but I have read reports of FW 400 drives dropping off unexpectedly after this update, so be careful!

BACK UP FIRST!!!

The two machines I have left to update are the two which are more likely to be the problem children -- the Mac Pro and the G5 iMac.....I'm waiting until I have plenty of time to deal with each situation if there turn out to be any problems! I usually disconnect or at least turn off peripherals such as Wacom tablet, external HDs, etc., before doing an update of the OS, so I'll be sure to do that on both of these machines....thanks for the heads-up on that!

Connie, I ran the update on my G5 iMac and can tell you that it ran smoothly ( and I don't recall having repaired permissions or any other sort of maintenance beforehand ) so you should be all set as well with your old PPC :wink:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom