10.5.4 is out...

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Jez, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    More info here.

2. Installed and restarted.

3. Yep.....saw the news on MacRumors but I'm going to wait until I'm back in the house (I'm out on the deck right now) before I run the update in this machine (MBA) and probably won't do the others until tomorrow.

4. installed and it took out my Wacom. moved my Wacom Plists to the trash and restarted now all is good.
    Dave

5. Updated and everything went well with my iMac 24"

6. papa85

papa85 Guest

Update

I also just updated to 10.5.4 on my 24" Imac. All went very smooth. All programs are up and running even my Wacom tablet. After hearing all the horror stories it makes you think twice about updating.:smile:

7. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Thanks....Going Now To Update Now.......

8. Three machines done, two to go.....so far, no problems, no glitches!

9. I downloaded the Combo Updater -- but forgot to Repair Permissions -- and my G5 tower wouldn't start up again.

Luckily my best friend is a professional Mac IT guy and it took him 1.5 hours and DiskWarrior to get me back running again.

That said, now its fine, but I have read reports of FW 400 drives dropping off unexpectedly after this update, so be careful!

BACK UP FIRST!!!

10. My 15" MBP update ran smoothly :wink:

11. The two machines I have left to update are the two which are more likely to be the problem children -- the Mac Pro and the G5 iMac.....I'm waiting until I have plenty of time to deal with each situation if there turn out to be any problems! I usually disconnect or at least turn off peripherals such as Wacom tablet, external HDs, etc., before doing an update of the OS, so I'll be sure to do that on both of these machines....thanks for the heads-up on that!

12. gvg45

gvg45

Jun 16, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    I have had 10.5.4 installed now for a week and I am happy to say that so far I have no hiccups to report.

13. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Upgraded the Mac Pro today - so far, so good . . . :smile:

14. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Connie, I ran the update on my G5 iMac and can tell you that it ran smoothly ( and I don't recall having repaired permissions or any other sort of maintenance beforehand ) so you should be all set as well with your old PPC :wink:

15. dsokol

dsokol Guest

I updated my MacBook Pro with no issues.

16. Thanks, Julien! Yep, that's the last one to be updated now..... Mac Pro went just fine, no issues (thank goodness! Last time I ran an update is when the thing decided to croak on me!). I need to do the G5 iMac pretty soon before too many more updates come pouring in.....