10.5 for landscape

Would the nikon 10.5 be to wide for yard landscape shots? My shots would
include the house.

Depends -- I use the 10.5mm for QTVR (quicktime virtual reality) where you take 360 degree x 180 degree panoramas where the distortion disappears. The 10.5mm is extremely wide and distorted, you might be better off with something rectilinear?

Would the nikon 10.5 be to wide for yard landscape shots? My shots would
include the house.
It's more of a matter of linearity than it is of wideness. The 10.5 is a fisheye lens, designed to produce creative distortion. It can be de-fished, but that requires more editing steps. You might be better off with a rectilinear lens, like a Tokina or Nikon 12-24mm lens. It would be my choice for architectural renderings.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Depends -- I use the 10.5mm for QTVR (quicktime virtual reality) where you take 360 degree x 180 degree panoramas where the distortion disappears. The 10.5mm is extremely wide and distorted, you might be better off with something rectilinear?
It's more of a matter of linearity than it is of wideness. The 10.5 is a fisheye lens, designed to produce creative distortion. It can be de-fished, but that requires more editing steps. You might be better off with a rectilinear lens, like a Tokina or Nikon 12-24mm lens. It would be my choice for architectural renderings.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Thanks alot Ewout and Uncle Frank,

I wasn't sure if this lens would be a good choice, I'll look at the 12-24 instead.

check out the Sigma 10 20 page on this site. I was going to drop 979.00 on a Nikon 12-24 and then seeing the results of that Sig 10-20 (WOW)...
I am a brand loyal person but for the money (550.00 for this lense) and results this might be a great addition to your set up...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom