1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

10.5 for landscape

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phil, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Would the nikon 10.5 be to wide for yard landscape shots? My shots would
    include the house.

2. Ewout_vB

Ewout_vB

Feb 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Depends -- I use the 10.5mm for QTVR (quicktime virtual reality) where you take 360 degree x 180 degree panoramas where the distortion disappears. The 10.5mm is extremely wide and distorted, you might be better off with something rectilinear?

3. It's more of a matter of linearity than it is of wideness. The 10.5 is a fisheye lens, designed to produce creative distortion. It can be de-fished, but that requires more editing steps. You might be better off with a rectilinear lens, like a Tokina or Nikon 12-24mm lens. It would be my choice for architectural renderings.

94421214.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks alot Ewout and Uncle Frank,

I wasn't sure if this lens would be a good choice, I'll look at the 12-24 instead.

5. check out the Sigma 10 20 page on this site. I was going to drop 979.00 on a Nikon 12-24 and then seeing the results of that Sig 10-20 (WOW)...
    I am a brand loyal person but for the money (550.00 for this lense) and results this might be a great addition to your set up...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.