10.5mm - 9/11

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by GKR1, Sep 12, 2008.

1. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    I was at the ballpark tonight with my new 10.5mm - wanted to share my 9/11 inspired shot. I love this little lens. So much fun.:biggrin: I've bracketed shots that I'll HDR by next week. However, I could not resist not to post.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
  2. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Very nice!!! I'm sure the HDR will look amazing, but this dynamic range here is darn impressive!! I love Petco park, what a beautiful area in D.T San Diego.

3. That's awesome :) 
    I love the 10.5

4. Amir.... this is EXCELLENT
    i really like it, a lot

5. paulskimcb

paulskimcb

Feb 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Wow!~ What a great shot...

6. Amir, fantastic shot. Looks like an ideal setting for the 10.5 fisheye.

Thanks,

7. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Amir, superb shot! The Nikon magazine includes an article on HDR, I would love to see what you do with HDR, though I like it so much as it is too.

I have a FF camera but can't give up my 10.5, it also doubles as a wide angle on FF when the 14-24 is too much to carry :) 

8. Awesome image. Amazing detail, the 10.5 is a great lens.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
  9. Fabulous shot! I don't know how you are going to improve on that.

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    This is beautiful, thanks for sharing your image with us.

11. Great shot! I grew up in San Diego—I miss the beaches!

12. Great shot!
    Glad you posted...

13. Beautiful work, thank you for sharing this.

14. Beauty! I just picked up another copy...didn't use the 1st one much but when I did it
    sure was some fine IQ. Will be hangin' on to this one, however. :biggrin:

15. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow! Fantastic shot...now that is pushing my finger even closer to the "buy it now" button!

16. Really nice shot, Amir. That 10.5 lens sure is fun. I'll look forward to seeing your HDR version, but I really like this version as it is.

17. 151proof

151proof

Jun 6, 2008
    SD
    WOW... wonderful shot! I can't wait to see how the HDR version will turn out. I too am from san diego and I think my buddy lives in the second building to the right and can see the scoreboard from his balcony. Thanks for sharing!

18. GKR1

GKR1

Apr 19, 2007
    San Diego
    Thank you for all the nice comments guys.

I agree with all that the 10.5mm is must have lens. It is so small/lite that there is no reason not to take out. I also had my sigma 10-20, however, it did not produce the WOW factor. I'll get the HDR together, however, from looking at the bracketed shots there are fans walking and moving. Perhaps, I should listen and leave this one as it is.

Here are couple with the 10-20mm - you can also see how much more the fishy 10.5 covers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pano with 10-20mm

[​IMG]

19. MRIMATT63

MRIMATT63

Jan 27, 2008
    Allen, TX
    Beautiful shots !

Matt.

20. awesome shots! I really like the fisheye shot the best.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.