10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by boskoe, May 10, 2005.

1. Hi,

I'm thinking of getting this lens. Looking at the bottom of the Key Features page at

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=5&productNr=2148

it doesn't list the D2X as being fully compatable. I wrote Nikon and asked if this was a oversight but have not received any reply. Does anyone use this lens with the D2X?

Thanks for any input you might offer.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    The 10.5 was released before the D2X so it's not listed. You'll notice even the D70 is not listed in Paul's quote from the European site. I can't think of any reason for the 10.5 fisheye to be incompatible with any DX camera.

4. Sure, it's compatible. I've been using it with no limitations on the D2X.

Here's one from last Saturday evening in Las Vegas during the THQ Supercross finals at Sam Boyd Stadium. I was able to catch the military planes flying overhead while the flag was unfolded on the field with the crowd standing (you get the full effect when the image is viewed full screen). I left it unaltered as I like the effect the curve gives.
    [​IMG]

What would be interesting and I can't believe I haven't tried it yet is shooting the 10.5 using High Speed Crop mode. I'd be interested in the results from the cropping area.

Love that lens, there's a lot of CA at the corners (at least on mine there is) but the uniqueness of the shot you can get is undeniable.

_/oe[/img]

5. Thanks all.

I called my local pusher man and he says to just bring my D2X to the store and he'll me take one out and shot a few to see for myself.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

6. 10.5mm fisheye

Sure. Works like a dream with my D2X.

Jarle

7. Dave Crausby

Dave Crausby Guest

10.5mm

Yeah..

Been using mine on the D2X last weekend in Berlin.. it is a fun lens, small, easy to carry and produces strange results, Saw a lot of CA and severe purple fringing with it on the S2 at the edges of shots.. It is appearing sharper and a better performer on the D2X... It is still not as sharp as other lenses..but the fisheye works well..

Dave Crausby