10.5mm shoppers.....reference photos

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Vernon t, Oct 9, 2005.

1. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

2. Thanks a lot, Vernon. Now I know what's the next lens for me. :Shocked:

3. Vernon,

The 10.5 is the fisheye lens. How did you straighten the picture out? I have the 10.5 that I love and have yet to learn how to straighten the pictures out.

One more question for you. How do I keep the black sides from coming into the picture? Is there a certain aperture I need to to use? The hood can't be removed unfortunatly.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  4. You can straighten 10.5 images in Nikon Capture. There is a tool just for that.

Now, is what he is saying that I needa 10.5 in order to capture images of my feet? :biggrin:

5. Thanks and would you mind telling me where in Nikon Capture that I can find this tool? Thanks.

As for Vernon, I think he must be talking about his feet...lol...

6. Look in "Tool Palette 2." It would normally be the 2nd pallet on the right side.

You will see a tool named "Fisheye lens." If you turn that tilty arrow down, you can see the options for using it.

7. Thank you Beezle. Much appreciated.

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    The 10.5 mm is a cool little lens.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  9. Nice photo!

10. John, very nice abstract view. I like it.

11. Hey, Melissa...have you tried out that new way-wide lens that has caused (likely to be fleeting) remission of your LLD??? :wink:

10.5mm is a cute little thing...my arm, my 18 y/o, his friend seeking power-bar-morsel at 13,000 feet.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  12. Yes Vernon I did. I have the 12-24 lens and 17-55. However, I want to use the fisheye for fisheye pictures and for straightening for some of them.

Nice picture! I think it is really cute :smile:

13. John Francis has camera boogers, John Francis has camera boogers! *LOL*
    Great shot John - really great subject for this type of lens, but if you're that poor after buying this lens, I'll SEND you some pecpads and eclipse!! *LMAO*

Vernon, that is one really great shot, encompasses quite a bit of detail and info - rock climbing, valley below, and greedy brave chipmunk all in one! That's one great capture! Talk about teasing Mother Nature's critters! !*LOL*

14. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

15. Hey is that Colorado? I almost think that view is familiar.

Great photo. I am gasping at the thought of being at 13K.