10 Art Exhibitions in the U.S. Worth Traveling for This Spring

For those who are not close enough to Washington, DC to see the Sally Mann exhibit there, it can also be viewed at the following places and times:

Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, June 30–September 23, 2018
The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, November 20, 2018–February 10, 2019
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, March 3–May 27, 2019
Jeu de Paume, Paris, June 17–September 22, 2019
High Museum of Art, Atlanta, October 19, 2019–January 12, 2020

Last edited:
Mike, that's a great find. When I was posting this, I thought it would be great if these exhibits moved around. Very happy to that they do, especially the photo exhibit I was interested in...and I didn't know the Jeu de Paume was still open, assumed it was closed after the Orsay opened. Thanks!

Last edited:
None near any of my suspected travels this year. Seattle is close enough to be a distinct possibility. My wife is heading to MN in 3 weeks to visit family and participate in an intensive Norwegian language camp, but I'm being abandoned at home. I'll have to find my own trouble, er, I mean adventure!

The Sally Mann exhibit was featured in our local newspaper a few weeks ago and prompted me to research her work a bit. I found her book Hold Still to be a fascinating and enjoyable read. It is very funny in places and also very serious, and brought back many memories of my wife and I of growing up in the South. It also explains quite a bit about her photographic techniques and aims. I recommend it.

The Sally Mann exhibit was featured in our local newspaper a few weeks ago and prompted me to research her work a bit. I found her book Hold Still to be a fascinating and enjoyable read. It is very funny in places and also very serious, and brought back many memories of my wife and I of growing up in the South. It also explains quite a bit about her photographic techniques and aims. I recommend it.

Thanks Jim. Got it on reserve at the local library. I'll have it in hand tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom