10 stop, out door pool St Andrews castle sands

This was my first attemt using my 10 stop for a water/landscape shot.
Sadly I didn't put LE NR on so there's ALOT of hot pixels. Lesson learnt.
2min exposure. There's also a heron sitting on the end of the pool.

9161023543_dfa382cd52_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

10 stop by pmac1985, on Flickr

Thanks peter

Looks good, Peter...! :smile:

Just curious, why did you use a 10-stop...? Is it simply just to learn/experiment...?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

yeah, just experimenting. I just bought a used light craft 10 stop filter and wanted to try the silky water look. it doesn't show too well here as it was very still in the pool already.
Only other time ive used it was in a busy street in china.

heres one from the beach beside, again the water wasn't moving a lot as it was every cam weather.
9166064478_1898163b4e_c.jpg

10 stop 2 by pmac1985, on Flickr

Love this look...clouds especially take on an otherworldly ethereal quality that is just COOL!

Love the colors and composition. How much color correction did you need with your 10 stop?

Mine causes a blue cool hue and I have to warm up the image but I dont eve get purples like that.

I can't actually remember as i was in a rush to process it as I had been waiting a while to try the 10 stop will upload and post the original SOOC

Very beautiful! First picture is great!
Where is it taken?

I just bought the LEE big stopper, but to be honest I haven't used it a lot yet.

But why would you use LE NR? If you take a 2 minutes exposure picture, the NR needs another 2 minutes before you can take another picture. Precious time when there's a sunrise or sunset. I *think* not sure that Lightroom removes all hot pixels when you import your pictures.

Thanks, its taken below the castle in my home town of St Andrews, Scotland (where they play golf).

Light room certainly didn't remove the hot pixels from this, you can't see them unless zooming quite a lot. But there's certainly enough of them, not sure if they would show in print as I'm not a landscape photographer so haven't had this issue before.

heres the original SOOC, seems I've got the blue cast also.
The sky was actualy pink/purple that night, maby not as intense as ive brought t out though.
9200202234_01f35f80a3_z.jpg

sooc by pmac1985, on Flickr

Heres a crop showing the hot pixels, think this is 2:1 crop in light room, so maybe they wouldn't show up even at 100% crop, but there all over the image. they show up worse in the edit.
9200202268_4d90a6d10a_z.jpg

crop showing hot pixels by pmac1985, on Flickr

yea yours looks an awful lot like mine with that blue cast but its great you were able to pull all of that color from the raw file. that means the color was there and just needed to be brought out. thanks so much for posting up the SOOC, great work.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom