10 year old tackles flower photography

Wonderful Terri. Great photos, but it's not really fair - those youngsters are more than happy and able to put themselves in any position to get a good shot. It's a really great way to bond if she continues to have an interest: taking photo walks together, sitting out and shooting the moon, appointing her the photographer at family gatherings...really an endless array of opportunities.

Be warned. My child, now 16, went from shooting with me, to borrowing my gear and returning it, to borrowing it and keeping until I asked for it, to now assuming it is hers. She thinks she owns it because she produces better images with it than I do. She's not wrong about the latter.

Wonderful Terri. Great photos, but it's not really fair - those youngsters are more than happy and able to put themselves in any position to get a good shot. It's a really great way to bond if she continues to have an interest: taking photo walks together, sitting out and shooting the moon, appointing her the photographer at family gatherings...really an endless array of opportunities.

Be warned. My child, now 16, went from shooting with me, to borrowing my gear and returning it, to borrowing it and keeping until I asked for it, to now assuming it is hers. She thinks she owns it because she produces better images with it than I do. She's not wrong about the latter.
Sounds like you have fun with your daughter, too!! I look forward to more opportunities with Rylee. I have a couple of other granddaughters who are interested as well.

Well done, Terri; great way to get her started. Maybe you'll have a photography buddy in your family!

(I was going to address the issues of the lens hood and holding the camera properly, but I see Connie already did that. And I still haven't succeeded on those points with my wife after all these years!)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom