105/2.5 AIS does macro

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by smera, Nov 6, 2005.

1. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hello,

This is the second 105/2.5 AIS that I own and the oldest of the two. I think it works pretty well coupled with the D2X, giving beautiful soft backgrounds and sharp images.

This orchid was taken with the lens stopped at f4, using only natural light.

Regards,

Roberto.

original.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I agree. This is a fantastic shot. Such simple beauty.

Thanks for sharing,

3. Now that's one sharp shot. This lens is an all-time winner - but credits go to the photog:wink: .
    Cheers

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful image...

5. Yours is a great example of what this lens can do. I know I love mine!

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    I have not met anyone yet who does not love this lens. I have two and both are gorgeous. You have certainly shown it to fabulous advantage, thank you.

7. What a beautiful shot.

8. Olá Roberto ! I didn't know this lens, but when i see the results, i guess i'm going to shop for one... that'll help using my Fuji S2 in "all manual", now that the aperture mecanism is totally broken -and it'll cost a fortune to have it replaced-, but it still work fine with AIS lenses !

Very good framing and good use of available light ! That's a good eye !

Um abraço cordial,
    J-P.

9. Superb picture, sharp and the it shows all the details of the flower.

10. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Thanks for all the positive and inspiring comments.

This weekend I will attend to the annual National Orchidophile Association Show in my city and will be interesting to compare the 105/2.5 with my dedicated macro lenses.

Will be posting some photos saturday.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Regards,

Robeto.