105 AIS f/2.5 to keep lust for 85/1.4 in check?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Philippe Roger, Dec 18, 2005.

1. I recently found a mint 105 AIS f/2.5 on eBay and I thought why not: perhaps that will keep me from wanting that 85 f/1.4 that you are all either raving about (the haves) or lusting like mad (the have nots). :redface:

Anyway, I thought it's doing Ok, with manual focus and all...

Here is Kitty Cat (we call her K.C., for Kitty Cat! :rolleyes:) at 1/50s f/2.8 ISO 640, hand-held! :eek:
    [​IMG]

Then, in the spirit of Christmas, she decided to go FA-LA-LA-LA-LA! :smile:
    [​IMG]

Uncle Frank took this one today, wide open (f/2.5) from across the restaurant's table (minimum focus length).
    [​IMG]

As we were comparing our new acquisitions, Frank also let me try his spanking new D200 and his Cream Machine (85/1.4)... and I am just about a gonner! I guess my plan to keep LLD in check with the 105/2.5 is in serious jeopardy now... :eek: :redface: :rolleyes:

Gee... Thanks Frank! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. KC looks great. What nice quality images with this 105!

3. Very nice captures. No doubt a great lens.

4. Thanks Frits and Phil. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

I am kidding around with a bunch of people about their D200 impulse and lack of willpower, but I am in serious trouble with that 85/1.4... and it's all Frank's fault! :Devil: That's my story and I am sticking to it. :wink:

5. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Nice shots, they show off that lovely lens to great advantage. UF seems to have the touch even with those MF lenses. Personally I think it is a great way to keep the LLD at bay - at least for a while.