105mm Micro Bugs

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dbirdsong, Aug 4, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

i took these the other day with my D70 and my 105 micro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love the last shot,

Very sharp Dave!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice Dave. I really like to bore in close, so the last is my fav. 8)

4. Dave,

These are great, but like Frank, I really like the last one. Lots of detail and wonderful contrasting colors.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Steve, Frank and Crystall.. The last one is my favorite too...

Dave

6. Hey Dave, good captures. The 105mm micro lens is a neat one and you have used it to good advantage.

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I have only had it for a few weeks and still learning how it works. It is a lot of fun to use.
    I am finding that I get my best shots when I use it on a tripod.. the problem is that I hate using tripods.. :)

8. How about a monopod instead. I use a Bogen (Manfrotto) 680 compact monopod with my 70-180. If I need a little more support, I use a 682 monopod. It has a set of collapsible feet hidden in the bottom. Then it becomes a monopod with three feet.

9. Excellent Dave!

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I have a mono pod and sometimes I use it.. But I hate it too :)

11. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Scott