1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

10k Acutuation and going

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by TheHundreds, Aug 5, 2009.

1. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    So i have a D50 with 10k-ish actuations how much do you think i can sell it for because im planning to upgrade to a D300s.

2. Why a D300s? haha, im pretty dissapointed in it, and would never buy it, id just go for the D300 which is what im saving for now. . . but you could probably sell it for 150 body only, maybe a little less.

3. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    I bought a D50 last year with 5k for $250

Search ebays completed auctions for a ballpark price.

4. neimac

neimac

May 26, 2008
    Idaho
    I agree unless you need the Video why get a D300s?

5. pgdsm

pgdsm

Jan 30, 2009
    Edmonton ab
    i would rather the d300s cause I will assume it will have better high iso performance than the d300. Just like the d90 has better high iso than the d300. what about an extra fps? with out the grip

6. $250
    but you should keep it and have it converted to IR

[​IMG]

7. jaydog

jaydog

Jun 26, 2007
    chicagoland
    They go for $200 to $300 in the Chicago area but for a couple hundred bucks I would keep it. I kept mine when I upgraded because it's still an awesome camera.

8. jonh68

jonh68

Sep 21, 2008
    Alabama
    I would keep it. $200 bucks is not going to put a big dent in the cost of a D300s and you will like having a lightweight backup/on the go type camera.

9. NYracefan

NYracefan

Nov 19, 2008
    Highland,NY
    I have been shooting with the same D50 for several years now. I still love it. I also have a D70. I find myself using the D50 much more often that the D70.

10. neimac

neimac

May 26, 2008
    Idaho
    I agree with you keeping it, its an awesome light camera still and makes a fine backup camera. You bound to get more out of keeping it then selling it.

11. TheHundreds

TheHundreds

Jun 26, 2008
    NYC
    That's true, but like pgdsm said i need the faster frames.
    I actually don't want a grip because i want a lighter camera.
    thanks for the advice guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.