11 year old basketball

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mike mac, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Well my daughter had her first game last night, I didnt mange any decent shots of her but using Twigs suggestion tried to shoot with the SB800. I have a long long way to go to figure out this bball thing. These girls are hard to shoot cause when they shoot the ball they hold the ball in front of their faces.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mike,

The shots look great. They are very crisp and clear. Thank you for sharing. As for the bball thing, it only comes with practice. I do have a question, when you took these shots, were you standing or sittong on the floor?

David

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are both great shots, Mike. Just enough flash to illuminate the faces without frying them. You certainly shot from a great vantage point and these images catch some nice action. I need to get some BBall images like these.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nothing wrong with those pics Mike.

Never saw your bad pics!!!!! Did you ever take one :>)))

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Very nice shots! .....but the basketball doesn't look 11 years old.....:cool:

6. These are great pictures. Of course I never saw you take a bad picture.

Excellent work.

7. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    I think your shots are VERY good Mike are you happy?

You shot a lot tighter than most people do at first (which I think is GOOD), and honestly I think the only way you can tell flash was used is that the pics look SO good. (no blur, no noise, and good DOF)

If you ever get in NYC I would be happy to give you some local HS or college to shoot if you want to practice more,

I think

8. David Thanks and thanks to Twig for his suggestions regarding shooting with a flash. I was sitting right under the basket since this is a real informal type of game.

9. Frank
    Thanks Twig gave me some sitting to try I used manual mode at f5 with shutter speed of 1/250s and then dialed in positive and negative EV depending on where I was going to concentrate on the action. It seemed to work real well

10. Gale
    LOL I have a 300 GIG external drive filled with bad pics......

11. Thanks Mellisa, you never saw me shoot bad pics cause I never let anyone see the thousands I have....!

12. KEN
    LMAO yea I know I should have paid more attention in English class in college and H.S.

13. Thanks for the tips Twig they helped a ton, I have been shooting football for several years and have forced myself to crop tight, it wasn't easy.
    Hey I might take you up on the shooting offer always willing to learn

14. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Nice series,shots are sharp!