12-24 DX F/4 update

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Electromen, Oct 9, 2005.

1. I asked for quick advice on whether or not to buy the 12-24 DX, and I ended up buying it for this first paying job to shoot houses for a builders brochure.
    With your help and especially John P., here are two of the results. I posted some interior photos earlier, but the builder is paying for outdoor photos. I finally got the weather to cooperate. Thanks for your help, Greg

24110Kohn-print-for-web.

24110Santilli-for-web.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Nice images, the lens seems to agree with you.

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Nice images. I love this lens :biggrin:

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The bold, head on stances you've put these houses in are bound to please their builder. Excellent composure for the task, and the pictures are pretty to boot. Well done.

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Greg :

You're really mastering that lens, sir.

As for any advice I gave, the results of the work can only speak to the photographer performing the work - you. I'm immensely pleased to see the high quality that it's delivering in your hands and with your eye.

John P.

7. dagored

dagored

May 4, 2005
    Ohio
    Great shots

Nice. I just can't get out to use mine. Need to retire and use my stuff.

8. Update on Update

Here is a contact sheet for this first job using the 12-24 DX. The builder asked me to shoot eight more houses and may want to expand to interiors
    Greg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Greg :

Great stuff, and congratulations on getting more work yet to come.

John P.

10. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Very nice. Quite a bit of differences between them due to the clouds in #2 on that day....

11. Greg,

I have this lens and I really enjoy it.

12. Judging from your contact sheet photos it looks like you have chosen wisely in your purchase.
    Nice.

13. Wow! Nice work. You've learned quickly how to make this lens work for you.

Rich

14. Very nice, Greg! Since the houses have regular shaped rooflines, it would be easy to substitute interesting skies on the shots with blown white skies...

15. 12-24 lenses are great for architectural or real estate shoots.

A small tip I find works, for interior shots try to take the photo from a height of 1/2 the distance from floor to ceilling - an 8ft stud, have the camera about 4ft above floor, a 10ft stud, aim for 5ft. you will have to stoop a little but it helps balance the pics and minimises the distortion.

16. I just bought this lens on FM. Looking forward to using it after seeing these great shots!

I hope this cures my LLD for a little while!

17. Great job Greg. I keep this lens in my bag along with the 10.5 fisheye for fun. I am impressed with your exterior elevation shots. If I were in the market, I would definitely inquire about a few of those models.