12-24 DX lens (lucky me)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by strobel, Nov 10, 2005.

1. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I think you will enjoy this one. My wife comes to me yesterday and asked if I could do her a favor and shoot some interior shots for her good friend. She started an interior design business and is looking to get some shots of the curtains she makes. I would love to, but I do not have a lens wide enough for for that purpose. How much would that lens cost if you were to get one, she replies. I guess I could get one for about $950 I told her. Well... my new lens should be here tomorrow.

Some times it can be difficult to be such a nice concerning husband!

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    You poor thing, such a sacrifice. I hope you can carry the burden of the extra weight in your camera bag. :smile:

I'm sure you'll love the lens, that 12-24 range opens up a whole new perspective on things.

3. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL

Thanks Jeff. I did forget about the extra weight, man-o-man what a person is willing to do for their spouse.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow... your wife is a keeper:biggrin:

5. can I borrow her for a few days? I need a 10.5mm.

6. Hi Ron,

You will love the lens. I purchased one just before my trip to Niagara Falls this past summer. It was kind of funny, because I stopped by Penn Camera to pick up a TC17E and left the store loaded down with new lenses, rolling bag, batteries, etc... My husband was delighted! I definitely have a keeper...

Now I am dreaming of that 18-200mm...

7. Dave,

I have the 10.5 and love it a lot. Nice lens too. I am sure you will love it once you get it.

8. Crystal,

You sure do have LLD. We need a cure for you. Uncle Frank should have one.

Huh, I am just as bad, I want the lens that is coming out so I guess I need a cure too.
    Crystal, what new lenses did you get this time?

9. Hi Melissa,

No, I have been on good behavior for several months. My last binge was the 28-70 and the D2H. I also keep the 12-24 and 10.5 in my bag. I am looking forward to testing the 18-200mm on the D2H. And...okay, I would love to purchase a D200, but that is not in my budget for 2006. I will just settle for the new flash system...and a 200mm. :biggrin: Hmm, I will have to make sure my husband gets that hint!

10. Thanks Crystal, I too want the new lens. It is going to be a good one. I can feel it.

11. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    The 12-24 is an excellent lens. I shoot more with that than any other in my bag. It probably accounted for 70% of the 1200+ shots I took in AZ and UT last week.

As far as LLD is concerned, I'm almost cured. Just the 85 f/1.4 and something on the long end (the 200-400 VR would be nice) and I'm done. Well, perhaps the 18-200 VR for travel . . . :biggrin:

12. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL

Hi Crystall

I understand the situation. That is why I do not go into a camera shop directly, instead I order everything through B&H Photo. It is much easier to not purchase an item if it is not right in front of you.

I definitely understand the keeper aspect.

The lens showed up at home so I will go home and open the box and dream about a day when the weather will cooperate (raining today and next couple of days).

Thanks

13. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL

I might be cured, no promises but as of right now I am not showing any symptoms. I must say that i am not excited about the 18-200, I do not mind carrying several lenses. I have a hard time imagining that this 18-200 will have the same quality that my current lenses have. I guess time will tell.
    :smile:

14. Hi Ron,

I was thinking the same thing about the 18-200 with respect to sharpness, but I am looking for a worthy replacement to the 24-120 (I sold mine to my brother along with my D70). I guess you're right, time will tell and hopefully a few lucky Cafe members will too when they acquire the lens!

15. Hey Are there anymore like her at home??