1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

12-24 DX lens (lucky me)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by strobel, Nov 10, 2005.

1. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I think you will enjoy this one. My wife comes to me yesterday and asked if I could do her a favor and shoot some interior shots for her good friend. She started an interior design business and is looking to get some shots of the curtains she makes. I would love to, but I do not have a lens wide enough for for that purpose. How much would that lens cost if you were to get one, she replies. I guess I could get one for about $950 I told her. Well... my new lens should be here tomorrow.

Some times it can be difficult to be such a nice concerning husband!

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    You poor thing, such a sacrifice. I hope you can carry the burden of the extra weight in your camera bag. :smile:

I'm sure you'll love the lens, that 12-24 range opens up a whole new perspective on things.

3. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL

Thanks Jeff. I did forget about the extra weight, man-o-man what a person is willing to do for their spouse.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow... your wife is a keeper:biggrin:

5. can I borrow her for a few days? I need a 10.5mm.

6. Hi Ron,

You will love the lens. I purchased one just before my trip to Niagara Falls this past summer. It was kind of funny, because I stopped by Penn Camera to pick up a TC17E and left the store loaded down with new lenses, rolling bag, batteries, etc... My husband was delighted! I definitely have a keeper...

Now I am dreaming of that 18-200mm...

7. Dave,

I have the 10.5 and love it a lot. Nice lens too. I am sure you will love it once you get it.

8. Crystal,

You sure do have LLD. We need a cure for you. Uncle Frank should have one.

Huh, I am just as bad, I want the lens that is coming out so I guess I need a cure too.
    Crystal, what new lenses did you get this time?

9. Hi Melissa,

No, I have been on good behavior for several months. My last binge was the 28-70 and the D2H. I also keep the 12-24 and 10.5 in my bag. I am looking forward to testing the 18-200mm on the D2H. And...okay, I would love to purchase a D200, but that is not in my budget for 2006. I will just settle for the new flash system...and a 200mm. :biggrin: Hmm, I will have to make sure my husband gets that hint!

10. Thanks Crystal, I too want the new lens. It is going to be a good one. I can feel it.

11. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    The 12-24 is an excellent lens. I shoot more with that than any other in my bag. It probably accounted for 70% of the 1200+ shots I took in AZ and UT last week.

As far as LLD is concerned, I'm almost cured. Just the 85 f/1.4 and something on the long end (the 200-400 VR would be nice) and I'm done. Well, perhaps the 18-200 VR for travel . . . :biggrin:

12. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL

Hi Crystall

I understand the situation. That is why I do not go into a camera shop directly, instead I order everything through B&H Photo. It is much easier to not purchase an item if it is not right in front of you.

I definitely understand the keeper aspect.

The lens showed up at home so I will go home and open the box and dream about a day when the weather will cooperate (raining today and next couple of days).

Thanks

13. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL

I might be cured, no promises but as of right now I am not showing any symptoms. I must say that i am not excited about the 18-200, I do not mind carrying several lenses. I have a hard time imagining that this 18-200 will have the same quality that my current lenses have. I guess time will tell.
    :smile:

14. Hi Ron,

I was thinking the same thing about the 18-200 with respect to sharpness, but I am looking for a worthy replacement to the 24-120 (I sold mine to my brother along with my D70). I guess you're right, time will tell and hopefully a few lucky Cafe members will too when they acquire the lens!

15. Hey Are there anymore like her at home??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.