1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

12-24mm f/4G IF-ED

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Jim_B, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jim_B

Jim_B

Feb 25, 2009
    Independence, Mo.
    Would this be a good lens for indoors portrait usage? How would it compare in that arean to my 16-85mm? it's about a third more than I paid for the 16-85. Any thoughts?

2. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

A super wide angle for portraits? Absolutely not. I'll admit it looks kinda cool, but it completely distorts the natural features and makes everything look weird. It's a great lens - but not for portraits.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Whoops - example is wrong lens!

4. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    Wouldn't be my first choice....unless the client is looking to you for something really different.......if are trying to fill a frame with the client there could be some real distortion.......

for portraits (indoors or out) I wouldn't got any wider than your 16....that should be great even for large groupls.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.