12 glorious megapixels of a majestic bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Kevin Scott, May 21, 2005.

1. Visited the Birds of Prey Center in Maitland (thanks John for mentioning it) and saw this magnificent creature. Stopped me dead in my tracks. I used the 300 but wished I would've used a bit smaller aperture for a little more depth of field, but heck, I'll keep it! :wink:

[​IMG]

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    WOW, Kevin! Now that's an up close and personal shot of a majestic bird! Great job!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow Kevin.

Perfect...Wonderful. Great job.

WAYYYYYYYYYY TO GO

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

Excellent shot of a magnificent animal. So you laid the whole 12MP on him, huh? I'll bet that the original is awesome.

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    MORE PIXELS, MORE, MORE, MORE. I really wish you wouldn't show me things like this! great shot. Good whites and contrast control.

Show us more.

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Great shot Kevin. It's a neat place for those up close and personal birdie shots.

7. You betcha!! :D I was shooting in HSC and when I came across this I thought "Oh, no. This one's going to be a full 12 mp. I shot them hoping to get one good enough to enlarge. Got quite a few, now it's hard to choose. :roll:

8. Thanks so much, John, for mentioning this place. I didn't know about it. The Caracaras were behind the screen so I couldn't get a clean shot of them (like yours). Did they have them out in the open area when you were there? There were 2 eagles and some other very large raptor up in the front just as you enter.

Think I'll go back and get some more. They're so beautiful!

9. Thanks Don, Gale and Greg. They really are magnificent birds, aren't they?

Ok. Here's the other eagle that was in the same area. Couldn't decide which one I liked better.

[​IMG]

10. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I went on a field trip arranged by the Orlando Camera Club. You should join by the way - www.orlandocameraclub.com - I'm the webmaster :D

They brought all the birds out so we had clear shots.

Today, club members were shooting orchids and lillies in Apopka. Next month we are shooting a couple of models at the Maitland Art Center. A couple of weeks ago, we had sidelines passes for the Citrus Bowl, shooting a football game.

11. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Beautiful birds and beautiful shots....I like the first better seems much sharper and nicer pose.

Joel.

12. Thanks, Joel. I think I agree with you. I kinda liked the reddish background though. Appreciate you taking time to comment.

13. I'll have to look into that more closely. Sounds like a very active group. I may be able to participate now that there's a hiatus in the cheerleading schedule.

14. I love that shot!! :) :) :)