1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

12 Months and 2000 Posts - Thanks Everyone!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rotxlk82, Jul 19, 2008.

1. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Because I’m a little odd I’ve carefully managed to precisely synchronise my 2000th post and 1 year anniversary here at the Cafe and (perhaps naively) I thought this momentous double occasion was deserving of its own thread!

I’d therefore like to take this opportunity to thank all of the great people that have made me feel at home here over the last twelve months, I really picked up on the distinct sense of community here from day one and I am very grateful for this.

Compared to some other places the Cafe is so helpful and responsive and I believe that it’s the actions of all the lovely members and administrators that help to make it this way. Everybody seems so willing to help be it on issues of a technical nature or creative advice with a particular image.

Anyway I’ve gone on too long, essentially I just want to thank the community at large and say how much I’m looking forward to my next year here and the many more posts that I have to come.

2. robert...
    congrats
    nothing wrong with your OCD 2,000 post/anniversary synchronization
    trust me.....
    there's plenty of OCD folks around here... me, included

i'm so happy that you are a member
    THE CAFE is a great place... isn't it?

3. I got a big kick out of your post Robert. I have never been able to sync the two up. Way to go. :biggrin:

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    :biggrin: congrats!

5. Congrats! Only 21,229 (or 10 and a month or so) posts to catch Greg!

6. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    The Cafe is a wonderful place, I can't believe it took me this long to find it.

As for the OCD-esque syncing of time and postings I have say that it took a bit of doing, I had to resort to lurking for the last couple of days just so I didn't prematurely go over 2000. It was tough and made me realise just how much I like posting on here.

I have to say however that when I notice that people like yourself have post numbers well into five figures my 2000 is just a drop in the ocean!

Thanks both, it's the work of admins/mods like you that really lets this place shine.

7. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    It worries me a little when I look just how many posts Greg actually has...

8. RockDawg

RockDawg

May 12, 2008
    Ohio

Yah, I'd say that's a little on the odd side. :confused: 

9. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Thanks for your concern RockDawg, however if I was totally normal and just like everyone else I just wouldn't be me... :cool: 

10. And thank YOU for joining the Cafe!

11. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Thanks, I'm very happy for the work that you do to keep this place running smoothly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.