1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

12th anniversary of the Nikon D1

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by AndyE, Jun 14, 2011.

1. AndyE

AndyE

May 2, 2005
    Vienna, Austria
    In case you haven't looked at the date :smile:

Tomorrow is the 12th anniversary of the legendary Nikon D1, which was announced on June 15th, 1999.
    I've done a commemorative article and some family shots on my blog about the first 12 years of Nikon's digital SLR family.
    http://nikonandye.wordpress.com/thenikondfamily

Nikon D family reunion
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

regards,
    Andy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
  2. 12 years already! Just look at how much photography has changed during the past 12 years.
    I gave my D1X away and I sold my D100 when I switched to the D2 series. The D1X is an excellent tool with superb files but I was very disappointed in the batteries. The D100 was a
    great tool also but I updated to the D70s because it was lighter and better.
    Let's look at the future. I am sure awesome bodies are on its way.
    Congratulations Nikon.

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

3. I think we sometimes forget (well at least I do) just how recent the serious digital camera age is!

4. cbbr

cbbr

Nov 21, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I shot mostly with my N80 today...:tongue::biggrin:

5. Awesome post. Well done Andy!

6. My D100 and D2x wish big bro a happy birthday:710::m33::599: :biggrin:

7. Great article, thank you very much.

8. Nice work Andy! Do you own all those bodies? Some collection.

9. Love the pictures on your blog. Happy Anniv. D1!

10. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Happy Anniversary

Having owned the D1X, D1H, D2X, D2H, D300, D90, D3, D3S and D7000 I can attest to the superb quality of the successors to the D1. Thanks for a great article.

11. crashton

crashton

Apr 11, 2010
    Ohio USA
    For me my digital trip started with a Fuji S1, then a D70, onto a D2H, D200, D300, D40 & D5100.

Thanks for a nice trip down memory lane. Great article Andy.

12. I feel like I've missed so much. I've only been interested in photography over the past two years.

13. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    For me the digital trip was CP775, CP4500, D70, D200, D7000 - addictive it is :) 

14. AndyE

AndyE

May 2, 2005
    Vienna, Austria
    Thank you all for the kind remarks.
    Andy

15. No one was using Kodak DCS F-mount bodies? I was using one when I was working as a junior designer and thought it was the best camera ever! Who would ever need more than 6mp? Haha! Especially when it cost 16 grand at the time!

16. crashton

crashton

Apr 11, 2010
    Ohio USA
    Those early hybrid digital cameras were crazy expensive when new. I started with a refurb Fuji S1 because it was affordable & took my Nikon glass.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.