12th anniversary of the Nikon D1

In case you haven't looked at the date :smile:

Tomorrow is the 12th anniversary of the legendary Nikon D1, which was announced on June 15th, 1999.
I've done a commemorative article and some family shots on my blog about the first 12 years of Nikon's digital SLR family.
http://nikonandye.wordpress.com/thenikondfamily

Nikon D family reunion
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

regards,
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
12 years already! Just look at how much photography has changed during the past 12 years.
I gave my D1X away and I sold my D100 when I switched to the D2 series. The D1X is an excellent tool with superb files but I was very disappointed in the batteries. The D100 was a
great tool also but I updated to the D70s because it was lighter and better.
Let's look at the future. I am sure awesome bodies are on its way.
Congratulations Nikon.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Happy Anniversary

Having owned the D1X, D1H, D2X, D2H, D300, D90, D3, D3S and D7000 I can attest to the superb quality of the successors to the D1. Thanks for a great article.

For me my digital trip started with a Fuji S1, then a D70, onto a D2H, D200, D300, D40 & D5100.

Thanks for a nice trip down memory lane. Great article Andy.

No one was using Kodak DCS F-mount bodies? I was using one when I was working as a junior designer and thought it was the best camera ever! Who would ever need more than 6mp? Haha! Especially when it cost 16 grand at the time!

Those early hybrid digital cameras were crazy expensive when new. I started with a refurb Fuji S1 because it was affordable & took my Nikon glass.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom