135 DC does a party

Z

ZBaum

A few shots of family/friends from the 50th birthday party of a family member. All with the 135mm f/2 DC.

f/2.2, 1/400, ISO 200 (I know, I blew the highlight on his bald spot, heh)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

f/2.5, 1/320, ISO 200

f/2, 1/800, ISO 400 (the only thing I did to this one was crop/resize)

f/2.5, 1/640, ISO 400

f/2.8, 1/500, ISO 400

This lens continues to amaze me. Anything I've found in my photos with it that has been unsatisfactory has been due to a mistake of mine. It performs exactly as I need it to.

N

Nuteshack

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
very nice, Zach ...i have an oppourtunity to pick up one of these lenses mint and on the cheap,,,i've been holding out fora 105 but, hmmmmmmmmmm:wink:

Z

ZBaum

Thanks everyone.

very nice, Zach ...i have an oppourtunity to pick up one of these lenses mint and on the cheap,,,i've been holding out fora 105 but, hmmmmmmmmmm:wink:
nute - Jump on the deal immediately if you can afford the lens. It'll be a great prime to fill in the range between your 85 1.8/90 2.8 and your 180 2.8. As you can see, it has the ability to just melt away the background, and it's very sharp even at f/2. I bought mine (a non-D version) from KEH in EX condition for $616, which is the best price I've been able to find anywhere. One minor complaint I have is some CA present when you blow highlights, but it's pretty hard to avoid with an f/2 aperture, and it's easy enough to fix in CS2.

N

Nuteshack

i can see where this would be a dandy addition..but the $ is tight right now...;-(
..i kinda figured $500 isa deal fora current model in mint condition..;-))

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom