14-24, a corny shot on D3

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Doug, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    [​IMG]

Area bikers know this as one of their favorite rides. A loooong straight stretch, corn afar on both sides of road. Special old farmplace up ahead. I take a right just past the corn across the Little River just before Townsend TN on the way to Cades Cove today. This is my normal route to the mountains if going to the Cove, Elkmont, or Treemont. I only go an alternate route to take the road to Clingman's Dome, via Gatlinburg bypass.

2. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    not anywhere near the area, but i like the shot. and if i'm not mistaken that's an bmw m3, right?

3. Love it Doug, beautiful!

4. Doug

Nice shot. Take away the mountains, corn, and the road in good condition and it looks like Manitoba. Seriously I wish we had some hills. I can stand on a beer can and see the north pole.......

Cheers

Ted:smile:

5. doug....
    looks like a road i'd love to ride on my motorcycle
    terrific image
    thanks for sharing it with us

6. 2Sharp

2Sharp

Apr 26, 2008
    Fulton, Missouri
    Great shot. I know that road. I traveled it on my Venture Royal. My favorite is Deals Gap with 318 curves in 11 miles. My daughter also lives in Knoxville and does a lot of hiking in that area.

bj

7. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I was really pleased when I downloaded it. It's just another case of the 14-24 being such a blast on FX. :) You never quite know how these hanging out the car window shots are going to come out. This one was pretty good on odds. Not quite exactly what I felt I saw with the fog, but as some of you know, fog is difficult sometimes to accurately portray.

Going backwards, thanks Michael!

BJ, yes Deals is a popular attraction of the area, fun in my M3 once I went through it, as much about photography as the ride, but it was interesting. Cool about your daughter living here. I love this road for the country scenery. It's relatively unspoiled as an area, I think that's what attracts me so much about it.

Greg, thanks, a few motorcyclists come through here too! It's actually a fun road on motor or unmotorized cycles. There was so much unmotorized traffic they created a paved parking lot for them, where they launched at. lol. On a pretty weekend day, there's usually about 20 cars there with cyclists racks on the back.

LOL Ted, those aren't mountains, just mole hills. Clingman's Dome, now there's a little mountain. ;) But it's a beautiful small range. I run parallel with them for about 10-12 miles to get to this point.

Paul, thanks a lot!

Nice job on the car ID Dave, and thanks yes, 03 M3. 34K miles turning right now. :)

Doug

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
  8. LOVE this image Doug, esp. the shadow from the corn.
    D3 AND M3 , you trying to monopolise the single letter/single numbers :)
    D3 AND M3, Lucky b'stard ;) lol

9. Reminds me of the roads in that horror movie, Jeepers Creepers!

10. Doug, neat shot, I'd love to be riding my bicycle there...Deals Gap, always wanted to go when I had my MINI, there was a huge annual MINI Cooper rally in early May...some more info here if you don't know about Deals Gap...and always some great pix here....

11. prowicz

prowicz Guest

What's corn? I am a meat eater! Corn burgers? Corned beef? :biggrin:

Lovely photo!!

Mark

BTW Hi Aqualung..... # my friend :)

12. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Dac, things must have D or 3 in them, it's a rule I have. ;) lol. Thanks on the image much. :) The shadows from the 8:15-8:30 AM timeline are very cool I think.

Hey F2, I didn't see Jeepers Creepers, but I am sure at times something could creep you out around here. Chris, it is a great cycle place, except for the cars, auto traffic is a bit dangerous here.

LOL Mark, Corn goes good with meat! no kidding! Corn dog! Thanks on my shot.