1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

14-24 and D3 also ...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Doug, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    useful around the house to document home improvements. Today, I decided I wasn't going to get out in the crowds, and for about the price of 6 gallons of gas and 12 hours later, whew, am I tired.

Converted my master bath from it's dull and lifeless 14 year old white painted walls to Brazil Nut flavor. :)  Still a bit of tidying up and touching up to do, so you still see construction goods on site.

The 3/4" plywood are so that I can position a ladder there. Good thing I lost 35 pounds. :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, it's a bit tight on floorspace, even though it's 8 X 15 feet. It takes a lot of patience to paint a room out like this with sometimes 3 ladders vertical at a time with little room to negotiate. The cathedral is 12' at the peak to floor.

The water gets a little rough over there at the luge. ;)  I did build the sailboat stained glass, but it was not my design, was a pattern.

2. Cool indoor shots

The 14-24 makes the place look a whole lot bigger as well.

Would love to see a close up of stain glass.

3. nice shooting, doug
    love the new color of the bathroom
    certainly does give it the UPDATED look

4. Nice photos of your efforts - room looks great. Keep losing that weight, congrats on the -35 pounds of useless bulk.

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Hey thanks Gents. The room does look hugely long in that last shot for sure, lol.

Dude, I cut the glass and soldered this piece (copper foil) in the 80's. It's just cool the octagon window I Found was just right for it. 22" as I recall. I've never done much lead came work, mostly foil which requires more soldering. will it is framed in a zink frame, which is stronger than lead came. I'll try to shoot the glass soon.

Thanks Greg, I love the new color. I'm a sucker for earthtones anyway. With the bone colored fixtures and tile, the brazil Nut really complemented them nicely I think.

Thanks Charles. Are you saying I'm still fat? lol. JK. Actually, I am 1 dozen pounds from my goal for 08. 200. So, I'm on track, and should easily meet my mark this year working this hard and with correct diet. Well almost correct. ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.