148th Fighter Wing Duluth, Minnesota

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was walking in to the Duluth airport many years ago when some of Duluth's finest took off and hit the afterburners. WOW! My ears are still ringing some 15 years or so later.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outstanding!:)
Thank you

What a superb set, reminds me of my Air Force days.
Thanks Louie

I was walking in to the Duluth airport many years ago when some of Duluth's finest took off and hit the afterburners. WOW! My ears are still ringing some 15 years or so later.
hahah...gotta love it, i was in Duluth last July for the airshow, the F-35 demo was there...that sucker is even louder, and impressive now that they are doing a full routine and letting us see more of its capabilities
Terrific set!
Thank you

Thank you, glad you enjoyed them but....bet i enjoyed getting them more...love this stuff :) ...though now, may be quite a while before i see them again with the border closure
Shot this photo of an F-15 at Bitburg Air Base Germany in 1978 with a Mamiya RB67. Got a ride in a two seat D model next day. First of two F-15 rides. Don't photograph aircraft much anymore as do not have access to the aircraft as I did as an Air Force photographer. Did shoot the slurry drop photo for AP in 2018.

JLH

Nice shots for sure! My father was an AAF photographer/camera repairman during WW2. He had LOTS of plane photos as well as photos from gun cameras. I inherited his love of photography of planes. I get a lot of shots of "war birds" as Bowman Field, used for the annual Thunder over Louisville, is just a couple of miles up my road. I need to post some I guess.

Shot this photo of an F-15 at Bitburg Air Base Germany in 1978 with a Mamiya RB67. Got a ride in a two seat D model next day. First of two F-15 rides. Don't photograph aircraft much anymore as do not have access to the aircraft as I did as an Air Force photographer. Did shoot the slurry drop photo for AP in 2018.View attachment 1659102
View attachment 1659101

awesome, must of been quite the experience. Thanks for the photos, love the F-15 shot!

Nice shots for sure! My father was an AAF photographer/camera repairman during WW2. He had LOTS of plane photos as well as photos from gun cameras. I inherited his love of photography of planes. I get a lot of shots of "war birds" as Bowman Field, used for the annual Thunder over Louisville, is just a couple of miles up my road. I need to post some I guess.
Thank you. if you like you can add your photos here
my local airport use to be a regular stop for Canadian F-18's but, with our old 18's breaking down and now with the virus been quite a while since i have seen one in town

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom