14U Girls Softball

My nieces ball team had a tournament this past weekend in Statesville, NC. They were undefeated through Sunday. Some storms came through and made the fields unplayable. They won the tournament because they were the only undefeated team though they were in the middle of a game and needed three outs to win, but was up 7-3.

Had a few memorable moments from this day. One was a two-run home run shot over a 12'-15' fence in right center field. The first one ever for this girl. That sparked a run for that game for them to go on to win. The were down 5-0 at one point and came back to win 8-5.

1- No eyes and there was really no way of getting down more. This is the two run shot though. The parents were ecstatic.

DSC_6873-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - Next was a play at first (a very close one at that). We thought for sure that the ball was overthrown, but the first basemen (my niece) snagged it out of the air. Good thing she is 5'10".
DSC_6920-XL.jpg

3 - And snagged out of the all!
DSC_6921-XL.jpg

4 -

DSC_6822-XL.jpg

5 -

DSC_6913-XL.jpg

6 - Throwing a changeup.

DSC_6918-XL.jpg

7 - Usually I do not shoot the other team. The girls get on to me, but I need the practice. Big crop here.

DSC_6799-XL.jpg

8 - Nice slap bunt

DSC_6947-XL.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom