15 new Galleries posted

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Ron Reznick, Jul 30, 2007.

1. There are all sorts of new Scenic and Wildlife Galleries up on Digital Images, plus more (you may want to stop by the Portfolio page, for instance).

http://digital-images.net

Hope you find one or two you like...

Ron

2. Wonderful stuff as usual, Ron. I especially enjoyed the Monument Valley and Canyon de Chelly photos. Canyon de Chelly X10037 is going to be one of my all-time favorites.

Looks like 12/31/2005 was a busy day!

3. Hey Ron -

Thanks for these. I'll say that I found more than "one or two" that I liked!

The 17-35 wasn't on my radar screen before, but it certainly is now . . .

Your pal,

Eric

4. Hi Jim,

I was on a scouting trip, and 12-31-05 started (really early) in Monument Valley, then to Cyn deChelly in the late afternoon, and finished in Sedona, AZ. Lots of driving that day, and a number of cool photos. That shot of Cyn deChelly is definitely my favorite too. That was one of few when the light was any good (storm coming in)... BTW, did you notice a couple of Anasazi sites taken there with an unusual scenic lens (500mm)? :^)

Eric, you will certainly not be disappointed with the 17-35. It's my go-to scenic lens, and is sort of like a credit card when heading out on a scenic shoot (never leave home without it...).

Ron

5. Yes, I did notice that, and I realized that you were up on the rim of the canyon. I've been there twice, and went down into the canyon both times. The first time was with a Navajo guide riding along with my wife and I in our Jeep Wagoneer (that was 1994). It was in January and the stream was frozen as it appears to be in your pictures. Crashing through the ice was quite an adventure.

But the views from the rim are awesome as your images attest.

By the way, I do like seeing the lens and exposure information posted with each image.