16 GB Sandisk III for cheap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gofast, Sep 29, 2008.

1. If you like dealing with rebates, here's your chance at a pretty good deal

2. $25 final price! i just bought one for $70 final price so this is a smoking deal from Adorama!

3. The rebates for this are issued in the form of a prepaid Visa card which must be activated upon receipt, and which must be used by a certain period of time - expiry date on front of card. Only 23% of cash rebates every get claimed. With all these limitations, I'll bet the number drops to about 18%.

Activate it, and use it!

4. Also, the more cards you buy, the bigger the rebate they give.
    original.gif
    *posted for editorial purposes only*

5. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Holy crap that is a STEAL!!!

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Save an additional 3% through Live Cash Back. Just search for Adorama and everything is discounted 3%.

7. On the above link, you might want to read the reviews. Quite a few folks complaining about having to fight with Sandisk to get their rebates. Talk about shoddy business practice.

8. I was going to buy another one and just found out that it's out of stock :(

9. I'm not a fan of using cards that large, but I got one of the 8GB(my max) cards for $16.95 after the rebate. Thanks for the heads up!

10. I received a Sandisk rebate a couple of weeks ago that only took three weeks to get. Not all experiences with them are bad.

11. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I experienced a shady rebate experience with SanDisk. I bought the Firewire 800 UDMA reader and sent in everything as requested. A couple months later, I received an email which showed my request was rejected.

I called the 800 number and described everything I sent - and offered to fax him copies. Always copy everything on a high $ rebate!

The man said he would "honor" my rebate. 4 weeks later, I received the $.

BTW, I experienced the same exact experience with APC last month on a rebate.

I decided not to go for this deal because I learned that the rebate is not a sure thing. When I'd be buying a card just because it is a bargain, it becomes a pretty bad deal if SanDisk does not come through.

12. If you buy (2) 8GB cards you get back $100 in rebate Visa Check card, which makes it $6.95 each. I'm ordering (2).

13. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I suggest you keep a copy of everything you send.

14. I will John.

I am cancelling my order and ordering (3) 8GB Extreme III.

I am going to reorder (3) of them and after rebate it will bring the total to 10.85 for (3) 8GB cards.:biggrin:

15. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    I got my Visa gift card in about 3-4 weeks as well

16. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    Me too! :Angry: And I thought it was a great deal then. Oh well...

17. I just placed an order with Adorama for (3) 8 GB Extreme III cards. The total (including shipping and handling) came to $179.85.

After applying the $160.00 rebate, the cost for three cards is $19.85---or $6.62 per card. Quite a bargain!

Glenn

18. Hey Glenn,

I got mine with free shipping and no tax, but I live in Florida.

But yes, it is a great deal!

19. I just ordered two SanDisk 8 GB Extreme III Compact Flash Cards from Andorama - total was $119.90. No tax or shipping costs.

There are two different 8gb cards on Andorama's site, one for $56.95 and one for $59.95. I wasn't sure of the difference between the tow (what's the $3 for?) although there were 53 reviews for the $59.95, and none for the other.

So I spent the extra $6 and bought the $59.95 cards. The rebate is $100 for 2 of these cards, so total outlay will be $19.90. Probably could have saved myself $6, oh well, lucky I won't lose any sleep over this purchase.:wink:

20. I was looking at two SanDisk 8 GB Extreme III Compact Flash Cards from Andorama.

There are two different 8gb cards on Andorama's site with slightly different info:

One for $59.95 (Mfr. Part: SDCFX38192901 SKU: IDSCF8GE3).

One for $56.95 (Mfr. Part: SDCFX3008GA31 SKU: IDSCFE38G30M)

I wasn't sure of the difference between the two (what's the $3 for?) although there were 53 reviews for the $59.95, and none for the other.

Any ideas? Thanks.