1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

16 GB Sandisk III for cheap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gofast, Sep 29, 2008.

1. If you like dealing with rebates, here's your chance at a pretty good deal

2. $25 final price! i just bought one for $70 final price so this is a smoking deal from Adorama!

3. The rebates for this are issued in the form of a prepaid Visa card which must be activated upon receipt, and which must be used by a certain period of time - expiry date on front of card. Only 23% of cash rebates every get claimed. With all these limitations, I'll bet the number drops to about 18%.

Activate it, and use it!

4. Also, the more cards you buy, the bigger the rebate they give.
    original.
    *posted for editorial purposes only*

5. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Holy crap that is a STEAL!!!

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Save an additional 3% through Live Cash Back. Just search for Adorama and everything is discounted 3%.

7. On the above link, you might want to read the reviews. Quite a few folks complaining about having to fight with Sandisk to get their rebates. Talk about shoddy business practice.

8. I was going to buy another one and just found out that it's out of stock :( 

9. I'm not a fan of using cards that large, but I got one of the 8GB(my max) cards for $16.95 after the rebate. Thanks for the heads up!

10. I received a Sandisk rebate a couple of weeks ago that only took three weeks to get. Not all experiences with them are bad.

11. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I experienced a shady rebate experience with SanDisk. I bought the Firewire 800 UDMA reader and sent in everything as requested. A couple months later, I received an email which showed my request was rejected.

I called the 800 number and described everything I sent - and offered to fax him copies. Always copy everything on a high $ rebate!

The man said he would "honor" my rebate. 4 weeks later, I received the $.

BTW, I experienced the same exact experience with APC last month on a rebate.

I decided not to go for this deal because I learned that the rebate is not a sure thing. When I'd be buying a card just because it is a bargain, it becomes a pretty bad deal if SanDisk does not come through.

12. If you buy (2) 8GB cards you get back $100 in rebate Visa Check card, which makes it $6.95 each. I'm ordering (2).

13. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I suggest you keep a copy of everything you send.

14. I will John.

I am cancelling my order and ordering (3) 8GB Extreme III.

I am going to reorder (3) of them and after rebate it will bring the total to 10.85 for (3) 8GB cards.:biggrin:

15. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    I got my Visa gift card in about 3-4 weeks as well

16. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    Me too! :Angry: And I thought it was a great deal then. Oh well...

17. I just placed an order with Adorama for (3) 8 GB Extreme III cards. The total (including shipping and handling) came to $179.85.

After applying the $160.00 rebate, the cost for three cards is $19.85---or $6.62 per card. Quite a bargain!

Glenn

18. Hey Glenn,

I got mine with free shipping and no tax, but I live in Florida.

But yes, it is a great deal!

19. I just ordered two SanDisk 8 GB Extreme III Compact Flash Cards from Andorama - total was $119.90. No tax or shipping costs.

There are two different 8gb cards on Andorama's site, one for $56.95 and one for $59.95. I wasn't sure of the difference between the tow (what's the $3 for?) although there were 53 reviews for the $59.95, and none for the other.

So I spent the extra $6 and bought the $59.95 cards. The rebate is $100 for 2 of these cards, so total outlay will be $19.90. Probably could have saved myself $6, oh well, lucky I won't lose any sleep over this purchase.:wink:

20. I was looking at two SanDisk 8 GB Extreme III Compact Flash Cards from Andorama.

There are two different 8gb cards on Andorama's site with slightly different info:

One for $59.95 (Mfr. Part: SDCFX38192901 SKU: IDSCF8GE3).

One for $56.95 (Mfr. Part: SDCFX3008GA31 SKU: IDSCFE38G30M)

I wasn't sure of the difference between the two (what's the $3 for?) although there were 53 reviews for the $59.95, and none for the other.

Any ideas? Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.