16" MacBook Pro (POS out of the box)

Got my new 16" MacBook Pro from FexEx today, will not turn on or take a charge. :mad: Tried other chargers and still nothing. Back to B&H it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is all boxed back up and going back for replacement. Stopping by FedEx at lunch to send it back. Very frustrating for the price.

I'm not that familiar with the new Macbook Pro's that use the C cable to charge the battery.
When you connect the charger to the C cable does it have an indicator light.
The reason I ask is on my 2015 Macbook Pro the unit was left on all night and the battery completely drained. When I connected the charger I could see the indicator light but it took a good 15-20 minutes before the battery with the lightning bolt showed up on the screen. Had it not been for that indicator light I would have been quite concerned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No light but the system "dings" when you plug it in. It can be charged via any of the 4 usb ports.
Yep I had no "dings" and tried all four ports with multiple charges. Even used the new charger on another computer and it worked on that one.

Been using MacBook Pros for year with no real issues.

I still miss the light on the MagSafe connector! That was handy to see the orange light turn green..... That said, it IS convenient to be able to plug in the charging cable to any of the four Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports. One thing I'm looking forward to with the upcoming new version of MacOS is the return of the familiar "chime" when one boots up the machine! I've missed that, too.

I'm sorry you had such bad luck with the new 16" MBP, Todd, and I hope that the replacement works out just fine for you!

I still miss the light on the MagSafe connector! That was handy to see the orange light turn green..... That said, it IS convenient to be able to plug in the charging cable to any of the four Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports. One thing I'm looking forward to with the upcoming new version of MacOS is the return of the familiar "chime" when one boots up the machine! I've missed that, too.

I'm sorry you had such bad luck with the new 16" MBP, Todd, and I hope that the replacement works out just fine for you!
I miss MagSafe!

Because prior to buying the 2018 MBP I already had the 2017 12" MacBook, I had some time to get used to the new USB-C port and the different charging setup -- as time went on I learned what would be useful for accessories and adapters and what wasn't necessary. Even so, it is a different experience when one is so accustomed to the Magsafe and its handy indicator light!

Because prior to buying the 2018 MBP I already had the 2017 12" MacBook, I had some time to get used to the new USB-C port and the different charging setup -- as time went on I learned what would be useful for accessories and adapters and what wasn't necessary. Even so, it is a different experience when one is so accustomed to the Magsafe and its handy indicator light!
I'm slowly getting used to the new setup, and being able to plug power in on either side is a huge plus. What I do miss is the headphone jack towards the front on the unit—being a the back cuts out a good 8-9".

Real Name
Charlie Gjersvik
How disappointing. I also purchase a 16” MacBook Pro from B&H that arrived last week, but it took them 3 days to process the order and 3 days for “expedited shipping.” After the wait I would of been very disappointed if it didn’t work. My wife bought hers from Apple and it shipped the same day. Something to keep in mind.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom