16" MacBook Pro (POS out of the box)

The thing with B&H is that because they are observant Jews, if you are placing an order, best to do it before the weekend, as Friday evening begins their observance. Whatever is ordered isn't going to be handled until the coming Monday. During their various religious holidays, many of which come in the autumn, they are always closed, too. Last time I ordered something I forgot about the weekend thing and ordered on a Friday afternoon, so of course they're busy and didn't get to doing anything with my order that day at all. Then there are also issues with shipping, as some companies are still having problems with delays and such.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One month later I have a new working 16" MacBook Pro. I shipped the first one back to B&H, they were very help and promptly sent me a replacement.

But, the replacement had the exact same issue. I decide to skip B&H and called Apple. They had me send to them and they ended up replacing the Logic Board, and the Touch ID Board.

Not sure if B&H just got a bad batch of the spec 16" MBP I ordered or what.

One month later I have a new working 16" MacBook Pro. I shipped the first one back to B&H, they were very help and promptly sent me a replacement.

But, the replacement had the exact same issue. I decide to skip B&H and called Apple. They had me send to them and they ended up replacing the Logic Board, and the Touch ID Board.

YIKES.
Glad you persevered and it all worked out. You'll love it.

I bet you were absolutely sick when the second one had the same issue. I'm glad you were able to get it worked out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bet you were absolutely sick when the second one had the same issue. I'm glad you were able to get it worked out.
Terri, I was starting to get worried when he second one had the same issue. I mean I know how to charge and turn on a MBP, but with two in a row I was starting to think I was doing something wrong.

When you do a search on Macbook Pro 16 charging problems there seems to be quite a few results on there.
Not saying they have what you experienced but there seem to be a lot with charging issues.
That model hasn't been out that long has it?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom