17-55/2.8 WOW - incredibly light... [pictures added]

I have found a new lens for the permanent collection, the 17-55/2.8 light - puuurfect match for the 85/1.4 for the style of shooting I do.

It is now attached to my camera and waiting to be used.... "What should I shoot first?" Now that is the question, I will probably go to Starbucks later today :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
at what point does that lens become light? It doesn't even balance real well like the 70-200 does.

W

wozarangefinder

I purchased this lens two weeks ago from a friend and fellow Nikon Cafe member (he has moved onto the beast) - absolutely love the sharpness, colour, af speed and build quality but it definately ain't light!

Glad you like it though

Warren

N

nemofin

I just bought this lens, seems absolutely awesom!! Great sharpnees, fast AF and I just love the colors and contrast!! This lens is perfectly well balanced with my D200, so yes pit heavy but dont bother me at all, it is just so good balance. Great lens, now I need to go yout and shoot with it a bit..;)

thinking this might be my next purchase, however they are hard to find and of course, pricey
used will probably be the route I take
any ideas what these fetch on the used market ?

thanks

I'll be the one who disagree with everyone, the AF is not faster than with the 85/1.4 it is about the same, granted it generate less noise while focusing.

I like it and yes you guys need to work out but then again I am fairly large size person so a 17-55 is light for me once attached to the D2Hs, no need to worry Jordan I would not say the 70-200 is light ...

I bought it new and got it for $300 less than Nikon's recommended selling price, I guess I am lucky to find deals like these. I would have bought it used however I am reticent to get hit with 35% taxes once it crosses the border into Canada from the states.

I did not end up going to Starbucks for lack of time as such here are a few pictures taken at work yesterday, so far I like it :smile:

dixseptcinquantecinq6rs.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 106619

View attachment 106620

Yea I know... I have way, way too much times on my hands... NOT! :smile:

Hi Dude

the only difference I can see from there and Italy is the fact that probably there the girl behind would have signed the front one with a pair of "corna" (sign meaning someone is "cuckold" (sorry but it's the only word I found meaning that)): of course only among friends... like here:

172732436-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I understand your enthusiasm Dude... it's such a great lens!
btw... don't tell anyone, but 17-55 is my most used lens too :redface: (although I still am a primes person :rolleyes: and although I will never stop hating its £@^&% huge hood :Devil: )

No doubt about it, my 17-55/2.8 is my most used lens. It is such a nice range and the images are tack sharp....love that lens! Cheers, Bill P.

Latest threads

Top Bottom