17-55/2.8 WOW - incredibly light... [pictures added]

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Candidcameraman, Jul 18, 2007.

1. I have found a new lens for the permanent collection, the 17-55/2.8 light - puuurfect match for the 85/1.4 for the style of shooting I do.

It is now attached to my camera and waiting to be used.... "What should I shoot first?" Now that is the question, I will probably go to Starbucks later today :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  2. Hi Dude

I'm glad you have found your perfect pair. I'd have too, if I wasn't still shooting film! :wink:

3. TVayos

TVayos Guest

17-55 2.8 light?

4. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    It is VERY light!! Absolutely love that lens!

5. Jonathan P.

Jonathan P.

Jul 10, 2007
    Appalachia
    Odd. I don't consider mine "light" at all.

6. Good purchase Dude!!! That's next on my list!!!! That and the 10.5 and I'm done for a few years until I can afford the 200 f/2...

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

congrats Dude....just do it!!!

;-))

8. Haha yeah maybe we just need to hit the gym. :biggrin:

9. Now I feel ready to hear that 70-200 VR is also incredibly light :505:

10. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    at what point does that lens become light? It doesn't even balance real well like the 70-200 does.

11. I purchased this lens two weeks ago from a friend and fellow Nikon Cafe member (he has moved onto the beast) - absolutely love the sharpness, colour, af speed and build quality but it definately ain't light!

Glad you like it though

Warren

12. nemofin

nemofin Guest

I just bought this lens, seems absolutely awesom!! Great sharpnees, fast AF and I just love the colors and contrast!! This lens is perfectly well balanced with my D200, so yes pit heavy but dont bother me at all, it is just so good balance. Great lens, now I need to go yout and shoot with it a bit..;)

13. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    thinking this might be my next purchase, however they are hard to find and of course, pricey
    used will probably be the route I take
    any ideas what these fetch on the used market ?

thanks

14. I'll be the one who disagree with everyone, the AF is not faster than with the 85/1.4 it is about the same, granted it generate less noise while focusing.

I like it and yes you guys need to work out but then again I am fairly large size person so a 17-55 is light for me once attached to the D2Hs, no need to worry Jordan I would not say the 70-200 is light ...

I bought it new and got it for $300 less than Nikon's recommended selling price, I guess I am lucky to find deals like these. I would have bought it used however I am reticent to get hit with 35% taxes once it crosses the border into Canada from the states.

I did not end up going to Starbucks for lack of time as such here are a few pictures taken at work yesterday, so far I like it :smile:

dixseptcinquantecinq6rs.

View attachment 106619

View attachment 106620

Yea I know... I have way, way too much times on my hands... NOT! :smile:

15. Hi Dude

the only difference I can see from there and Italy is the fact that probably there the girl behind would have signed the front one with a pair of "corna" (sign meaning someone is "cuckold" (sorry but it's the only word I found meaning that)): of course only among friends... like here:

[​IMG]

16. I understand your enthusiasm Dude... it's such a great lens!
    btw... don't tell anyone, but 17-55 is my most used lens too :redface: (although I still am a primes person :rolleyes: and although I will never stop hating its £@^&% huge hood :Devil: )

17. gaopa

gaopa

Jun 30, 2006
    NE Georgia
    No doubt about it, my 17-55/2.8 is my most used lens. It is such a nice range and the images are tack sharp....love that lens! Cheers, Bill P.