1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

17-55 & 70-200vr Visit the Oregon Coast

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by olddogg, Jul 19, 2008.

1. A few recent images from the Oregon Coast. Certainly one of the most photogenic areas in the country. All of these made with D300, the first 3 are the 17-55, and the last with the 70-200.

Newport Bridge:

[​IMG]

Florence Bridge:

[​IMG]

Fishing boats in Newport:

[​IMG]

Beach at Oregon Dunes:

[​IMG]

C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking.

2. fatimask

fatimask

Jun 25, 2008
    Canada
    Beach at Oregon Dunes, pic #4, is one of the best pictures I have ever seen.

Amazing shots!

3. Nice sharp images! Love the west coast. In your last pic of the dunes I would try to bump up the fill light to get more detail in the rocks lower left. Other than that I think you did quite well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

4. This picture is insanely good. Would be on my wall for sure.

5. Ewout_vB

Ewout_vB

Feb 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Amazing "Beach at Oregon Dunes" picture!

6. Sam O

Sam O

Jul 24, 2007
    Toronto
    Love the first and last onesa, something is missing (colour) to me in the middle two. I have a relative in Oregon, I really need to visit one day.

7. Thanks very much!

Thank You Ted. Good suggestion. I'll give that a try. Actually, that dark area is vegetation, not rocks. Too dark in the current file to see.

My lady and I live in a motorhome. Not much wall space.
    But I will print this one just to see it printed, and give it away, probably.

Thanks.

You should! Bring you camera.

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

can't see em Jack ...darn...;-(

9. Wow Nute, not sure why. They come up on my screen. You could try a refresh.

10. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    no pics

11. raygun

raygun

Nov 17, 2007
    USA
    Can't see them either...

Just a vertical line where the picture should be...

12. Bummer! I can still see 'em. Maybe a mod could intervene with some help? Confusing..........

13. I posted to the mods. Maybe I did something wrong here. I can still see the pics. Hopefully they can help.

14. Hey guys. Apparently Smug Mug, who hosts my images is down. I hope you'll take a look back later. I'd value you opinions. Thanks

15. Hotplate

Hotplate

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Some great images Jack. I also like the last shot the best. Thanks for sharing them...
    BTW, I've wondered what it's like for people that live on the road with the gas prices getting so high. Seems like something I would love to do one day though...

16. Thank you Cody.

The current fuel prices have a real impact on fulltime RV'ers , no doubt.
    But when you live in your RV, you tend NOT to travel constantly, We did that for a short time early on, but that wears thin quickly. Most will travel shorter distances and stay longer. Looked at that way, the price of fuel, while it must be considered, is not a deal breaker. There are lots of opportunites to get a free space in some beautiful parks in exchange for some hours of camp hosting duties. So one can stay free for a a few months, or longer. We pull a high mileage car on our travels, and do most of our touring in it. In our case, we're currently assisting an elderly parent in Northern California, so we're stationary for now. All in all, though not for everybody, fulltiming is still a viable lifestyle choice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

very nice Jack ..i need to get over there soon .....;-)

18. I hope you do, Mark. Take some shots and post 'em.

19. Awesome photography, last is just fantastic - wow

20. Thanks very much, Charlie. Very much appreciated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.