17-55 & 70-200vr Visit the Oregon Coast

Halftime in Central Florida, halftime RV'ing.
A few recent images from the Oregon Coast. Certainly one of the most photogenic areas in the country. All of these made with D300, the first 3 are the 17-55, and the last with the 70-200.

Newport Bridge:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Florence Bridge:

Fishing boats in Newport:

Beach at Oregon Dunes:

C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Nice sharp images! Love the west coast. In your last pic of the dunes I would try to bump up the fill light to get more detail in the rocks lower left. Other than that I think you did quite well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Beach at Oregon Dunes:

C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking.
This picture is insanely good. Would be on my wall for sure.

Love the first and last onesa, something is missing (colour) to me in the middle two. I have a relative in Oregon, I really need to visit one day.

Beach at Oregon Dunes, pic #4, is one of the best pictures I have ever seen.

Amazing shots!
Thanks very much!

Nice sharp images! Love the west coast. In your last pic of the dunes I would try to bump up the fill light to get more detail in the rocks lower left. Other than that I think you did quite well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Ted:smile:
Thank You Ted. Good suggestion. I'll give that a try. Actually, that dark area is vegetation, not rocks. Too dark in the current file to see.

This picture is insanely good. Would be on my wall for sure.
My lady and I live in a motorhome. Not much wall space.
But I will print this one just to see it printed, and give it away, probably.

Amazing "Beach at Oregon Dunes" picture!
Thanks.

Love the first and last onesa, something is missing (colour) to me in the middle two. I have a relative in Oregon, I really need to visit one day.
You should! Bring you camera.

Some great images Jack. I also like the last shot the best. Thanks for sharing them...
BTW, I've wondered what it's like for people that live on the road with the gas prices getting so high. Seems like something I would love to do one day though...

Some great images Jack. I also like the last shot the best. Thanks for sharing them...
BTW, I've wondered what it's like for people that live on the road with the gas prices getting so high. Seems like something I would love to do one day though...

Thank you Cody.

The current fuel prices have a real impact on fulltime RV'ers , no doubt.
But when you live in your RV, you tend NOT to travel constantly, We did that for a short time early on, but that wears thin quickly. Most will travel shorter distances and stay longer. Looked at that way, the price of fuel, while it must be considered, is not a deal breaker. There are lots of opportunites to get a free space in some beautiful parks in exchange for some hours of camp hosting duties. So one can stay free for a a few months, or longer. We pull a high mileage car on our travels, and do most of our touring in it. In our case, we're currently assisting an elderly parent in Northern California, so we're stationary for now. All in all, though not for everybody, fulltiming is still a viable lifestyle choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom