1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

17-55 does "Tastes Of Thailand" in Toronto

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Sam O, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Sam O

Sam O

Jul 24, 2007
    Toronto
    With Toronto being of the most multicultural cities in the world there is a never ending supply of cultural events to shoot!

2683111257_0162fc4f79_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 224133

View attachment 224134

View attachment 224136

View attachment 224137

2683112239_d9052fb04d_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 224140

View attachment 224142

View attachment 224143

View attachment 224144

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Looks like an interesting day Sam, I am glad you enjoyed the event.

3. some nice pics of the day Sam, Toronto is a great city, I always love visiting there.

4. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Hi,
    nice colorful shots.

Some of the shots would have benefited from deeper DOF, the sausages/snakes? and the elephants for example. Having the subject only partly in focus is distracting to me.

The boxers shot would have benefited from more shallow DOF for isolation or a different background and I'd really love to see the legs not chopped off at the ankles.

The lens has restless and busy boke but that is nothing you really could do about.

Must have been a fun day shooting with all these interesting views available. Please shoot more and show your images. I like these.

5. That looks yummy and very colorful...Nice photos:wink:

6. awesome series, sam
    i love where i live... and we do get a chance to travel on occasion...
    but i'm surely jealous of where you live and what you get to see and experience

thanks for sharing your world with us

7. 151proof

151proof

Jun 6, 2008
    SD
    wow, great series thank you for sharing! I just purchased the 17-55mm a couple days ago and can't wait to get out there and shoot, thanks again!

8. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Lovely series. I'm hungry now!

:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.