1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

180 with Kenko 36mm

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jryoung1947, Aug 19, 2008.

1. After looking at the lens lust shots I bought a 180 from Maji in "for sale". In another post GoGo had suggested I try a tube when I got this. So here is the first try. It is still crisp at twice the size.

2779132933_fc5921066e_b.

Camera: Nikon D700
    Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
    Aperture: f/5.6
    Focal Length: 180 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV

2. Very nice John!!! The detail and color are great. I really like the perspective too. I have sold this lens twice with deep regret... I would be tempted to purchase it again if not for the 70-180 micro. Phew!!

3. Indeed it is. I never understood what the bad rap is on Kenko tubes. I don't use mine often but could see no reason to have spent more. It's just a hollow tube with no optics so I really can not see one manufacturers being optically better.
    glenn

4. Thanks!

We have to get together for a macro fest some time. :smile:

5. John,

I see that you are doing justice to the great glass that it is. Very nice image. Crisp and colorful.

6. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Brilliant, John!!

Now that's a shot! :biggrin:

7. john.....
    that is excellent
    i like it a lot

8. Thank you all for the comments. It was hand held but if I use this any more I'll use my tripod. "CrazeeBoutMyD80" :smile: I have lots of fun all the time BUT the most fun was when I opened my D80 from B&H bolted on the 18-70 shot a butterfly and almost fainted it looked so good. Nancy has my D80 now. So light no tripod I was FREE. :smile:

9. Very nice, indeed!

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.