180 with Kenko 36mm

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jryoung1947, Aug 19, 2008.

1. After looking at the lens lust shots I bought a 180 from Maji in "for sale". In another post GoGo had suggested I try a tube when I got this. So here is the first try. It is still crisp at twice the size.

2779132933_fc5921066e_b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D700
    Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
    Aperture: f/5.6
    Focal Length: 180 mm
    ISO Speed: 200
    Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV

2. Very nice John!!! The detail and color are great. I really like the perspective too. I have sold this lens twice with deep regret... I would be tempted to purchase it again if not for the 70-180 micro. Phew!!

3. Indeed it is. I never understood what the bad rap is on Kenko tubes. I don't use mine often but could see no reason to have spent more. It's just a hollow tube with no optics so I really can not see one manufacturers being optically better.
    glenn

4. Thanks!

We have to get together for a macro fest some time. :smile:

5. John,

I see that you are doing justice to the great glass that it is. Very nice image. Crisp and colorful.

6. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Brilliant, John!!

Now that's a shot! :biggrin:

7. john.....
    that is excellent
    i like it a lot

8. Thank you all for the comments. It was hand held but if I use this any more I'll use my tripod. "CrazeeBoutMyD80" :smile: I have lots of fun all the time BUT the most fun was when I opened my D80 from B&H bolted on the 18-70 shot a butterfly and almost fainted it looked so good. Nancy has my D80 now. So light no tripod I was FREE. :smile:

9. Very nice, indeed!

Cheers