180mm Shot

Discussion in 'People' started by Tosh, Nov 21, 2005.

1. I'm still way behind on my postprocessing, but finally got around to some end-of-summer shots. This one of my 9 year old daughter is from a series of bike-riding shots taken with the D70 & 180mm f/2.8, 1/250 at f/5.

[​IMG]
    Glenn

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2005
  2. Isn't she lovely... Isn't she wonderfull... Isn't she precious... "stevie wonder".

Love the shot, nice work. The colours and sharpness is great. Maybe you could even crop it tighter. But this picture is allready great as it is.

Thumbs up!!!

3. Vince,

Thanks for the kind words and suggestion. I'm especially glad you like the color, because that comment reminded me that it's been 5 or 6 months since I calibratated my monitor! Time for me to get going on that front.

Glenn

4. This is as good as it gets!

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice! Isn't the 180 just a superfine portrait lens?

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great capture!

7. Dave, Chris & Ken,

Thanks for your kind words.

The 180 has become my “go to lens” for people outdoors. The 28-70 holds that spot for people indoors. I sold my 70-200 because I was so happy with the 180, and so far I have no regrets.

Glenn

8. Wow, that's a sharp lens, great color too!

9. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Beautiful!

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm impressed Glenn. I only bought the 180 because it was affordable, and the 70-200 is not. The 180 is a perfect expression grabber though, although it's got some issues with focus speed. I over look those when I want the absolutely best image for this the of shot.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    what a great photo!!

This will be one to cherish for a long time. That lens sure does a good job.

12. That is a beautiful portrait. The bicycle hat allowed you the very tight crop with excellent result.

13. Wow! That is one sharp lens! Your daughter is so cute!! I love the expression on her face!

14. Thanks, everybody.

For me, the lens, the photo and my daughter are all keepers.

Glenn

15. Super photo, Glenn... both subject and background! You're lucky to have such a beautiful model on contract ;-).

16. Excellent crop and DOF on this shot. Love the skin tones and the expression as well.

17. Thanks, Frank and Gordon.

It's the occasional shot like this one that makes me continue to invest my time and money in this wonderful hobby of ours.

Glenn