1883 Baldwin narrow gauge locomotive runs again.

The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad has been rebuilding an 1883 Baldwin Denver & Rio Grande Western narrow gauge locomotive for the past three years. The locomotive sat in a park on display in Colorado Springs, Colorado from 1938 to 2015.

Nikon Z7, 24-70 Z lens, ISO 400, f/16, 1/250, post processing in Photoshop CC 2020.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That is an excellent photo and shows off the capability of the Z7 and 24-70, but the EXIF shows 28-300. Whatever, it's great picture.

Many people are familiar with the Durango & Silverton scenic railway, but not so many the Cumbres & Toltec. It runs between Antonito, Colorado, and Chama, New Mexico. I frequented that area several years ago, mainly for fishing the Rio Chama in NM and the Conejos in Colorado. I once put my wife and daughter on the train in Atonito, spent the day fishing, and met them in Chama.

The train station in Chama was used in the movie Wyatt Earp starring Kevin Costner.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom