1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

18mm And Stormy Coast.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by oldbloke, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Just purchased an as new 18-35mm 3.5/4.5D.

Bolted it on to my D700 and took it to the east coast of England to try it out.

Pics taken at f16 ISO200 soft 0.9 Neutral Grad.

3777671493_d6e7decbdb_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3777658963_66c2ba9ba7_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    I'm not sure which one I like better :confused:  They're both good.

Regards,
    John

3. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    First one is great!
    (BTW, when I look out of my window, I can see these d*mn*d clouds now here in my place! I recognized them at once:frown:) 

4. Nice. I like the first one better.
    I thought that was a DX lens.

5. Hammster

Hammster

Apr 24, 2007
    San Diego, Ca.
    Love that first shot, but then I'm a big fan of skies with texture. Second one, the ground lacks a bit of contrast so looks a bit flat. Probably due to that same sky texture.
    I can't stop looking at that first one. :D 

6. Very nicely done.

7. bobcool

bobcool

Jul 27, 2008
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very nice clouds and textures! However, I can see some distortion in the house and especially in the sailboat masts. I suggest correcting that in post and you'll make these great shots that much better!

8. I agree with Bob. Colors, contrast, and exposure are great. The tilted house and masts are distracting though. Perhaps just leveling the camera/tripod would've done it?

9. You'll notice that the house and the sailboat masts are leaning in different directions in the two shots.

First one the camera was tilted up.

Second one the camera was tilted down.

Good old 18mm distortion :biggrin:

10. MMPG1

MMPG1

May 10, 2009
    Germany
    Very nice pictures!
    I especially like the first one.

11. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Great shots, #1's my fave. I also use that lens on my D700 and like it a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.