1956 Zeiss Ikon Contina

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Panos Kazanelis, Nov 12, 2005.

1. That camera was bought by my father while studying Mechanical Engineering in Stutgart, Germany in 1956.

It has served my father well before he switched to the Canonette QL-17 and then finally back to Nikon with Nikkormat FS, Nikkormat FTN and Nikon F2 Photomic.

Nedless to say that it was MY first camera when I started shooting back in 1982!

Zeiss Contina No: 527/24 | Model: Ia | Year: 1956-1957 | Lens: Novicar-Anastigmat 1:2.8 f=45mm | Shutter: Prontor-SVS

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

http://www.pbase.com/pkazan/equipment_zeissikon

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Thats a nifty little camera there Panos. Thanks for sharing.

3. Wow, what a beautiful camera. Haven't played with one, but I know that it's very well-built and solid. Is it still functional?

4. Thanks Patrick, nifty it is...

Phil, it can be functional if someone could "tune" the shutter. You see the shutter works like a old swiss clock, it needs... wind up!