1967 Austin Healey 3000 Mk III

Real Name
Alex
I still have some unprocessed shots from my series on the 2011 Coral Gables Miracle on the Mile car show that I have been posting this month. Here are some of a beautiful car. More to come.
I did not have a CP with me that day so it has some reflections. All with D700 + 24-70mm

D708358w-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D708359w-L.jpg

D708361w-L.jpg

D708363w-L.jpg

I bought a new one in 1960 when they introduced the 3000. It was a BN6 with the kiddie seats in back (I actually had 2 adults back there once but it's good they weren't good friends on mine when they got in). Terrific car ,4speed with electric overdrive. It was black and white. That was the paint scheme they used in one of their big ads at the time. Painted wires with the last of the spinners I believe. The next year ,I think, the knockoffs had a big hex nut on them. Unusual car ,the center section of the body was aluminum and the outer fenders were steel. Really loved that car.

Bee still my beating heart! Some may lust after the latest super car, but this? This is the car that heart most covets.

Very cool. My father had a 100-6 (and a bug eye), when I was a about 5 years old. Nothing I I loved more than going for a ride with the top down. :smile:

Donald Healey started the company up here in Perranporth Cornwall where the family I believe still reside. It has always been an expensive motor and what a fine example shown here, boy I am envious.

Latest threads

Top Bottom