1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1st Attempt EVER at Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by taat2d, Jul 17, 2008.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Ok my wife came home with a D200 for me the other day. I skimmed the manual, because I've had really no time to sit down and read it yet. Today I went with my son to the Staten Island Yankees minor league baseball game. I shot about 200 images. I also used my fairly new Sigma 70-200mm 2.8. So here is some shots of my 1st EVER attempt at shooting a baseball game. Please let me know what you think.
    Thanx for looking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joe,

Me likes them! I recently shot my nephews LL game and I had so much fun. I decided there that day, that my next lens would be some telephoto for sports. I Think you did well and I think my fav is #1.

3. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx. It was a GREAT day and I'm surprised I had as many keepers as I did. I got a bunch more that what I posted here!! The next thing I need is the Sigma 1.4 TC. Hehe

4. Pretty good shot for the first time, especially shooting from the stands. I use the same Sigma lens when I shoot baseball, so I know on some of those shots you did some pretty heavy cropping. I know I have to.

5. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Hehe I sure did crop alot. I really wanna get my hands on that 1.4 TC.

6. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    wow and WOW

7. gladjo

gladjo Guest

Great pics. I'll betcha he was throwing side-arm in those last two pictures. :Baseball:

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Taking into consideration your shooting location, you did a very nice job capturing the action. Good action and clean images. Well done.

9. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thank you.
    Yes he was. He had a very strage delivery.

Thanx Frank much appreciated.

10. I may be just me, but some of those images look over sharpened. It looks like you're enjoying your D200 though!

11. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I PP these REALLY late last night. NOT that I really know what I'm doing, I'm still very limited to CS3. I have sharpened a couple of the more than once by accident.

12. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    IYE-CHI-WAWA! those are some of the most craziest pics i've ever seen!!! Nice job there! i'm wondering if my D40 could do stuff like that. donno about cropping though...

those are crazy good.

13. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    From the stands these are OK snaps
    To many with no face or underexposed faces
    Also need Shallower DOF , get rid of backgrounds
    Crop tighter
    For a first attempt not bad

14. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx.
    Thanx for the tips.

15. Oooooh, the last two are a submariner. I love shooting sidewinders and submariners

16. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    last pic is awesome

17. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Thanx Mike.

18. braver

braver

Apr 2, 2008
    netherlands
    nice! I'd like to see more faces though, but it's hard with the caps thrwoing deep shadows over them.
    The sharpening shows too much though. Especially the last four look weird because of it. That lost shot is the best though, I hope you could have another go at pp-ing it?

19. Great captures! Maybe a tad over-sharpened, but I'm loving the intense colours (or is it just my screen?). The first one is my favourite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.