1st BaseBall game on Wednesday and......

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Brew, May 22, 2007.

1. Brew

Brew Guest

I don't think I will be able to hold the camera steady!!!!:frown:

Opening game against a State Ranked top 5 team and my son is the starting pitcher and it’s his 17th birthday.

Poor kid, his team is gonna get smoked and I’m a nervous wreck already!!!!

Do they make a 300mm f1.4; I think I’ll need it to overcome my hand/body shakes!!!:wink:

2. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I know its tough taking pictures of your own and staying in photographer mode. My son took a huge crash off of a jump last year. I was photographing and went into Dad mode when he went out of control. He popped up saying did you get that! I did not!

Good luck to your son. Hopefully he will be on and they will pull off the upset.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Bruce, if I wasn't shooting a regional game, I'd jump in the truck to shoot the game with you. My sincerest wishes that your son and his team emerge as victors!

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I'm sure that has to be tough Bruce. Good luck on shooting the game and good luck to your son. We'll be hoping for him to pitch a shutout to pull of the upset. :biggrin:

5. Brew

Brew Guest

Thanks for the words of encouragement I really appreciate it.

I must admit I feel a little guilty; he originally wasn’t going to go out for baseball because he claims he does not like it that much (basketball is his love) and his good friends aren’t on the team.
    So I told him he either A) had to find an AAU Basketball team to play on, B) get a job or C) play baseball, but he was not going to sit on his butt all summer. So he reluctantly said “I guess I’ll do baseball then”

Now with the pressure on him I’m putting the pressure on me:frown: