1st concert outing with the Cream Machine

True North strong & free (that's Canada eh)
I finally got an opportunity to try out my 85mm 1.4 last night at the John Mayer concert in Toronto. I'm pretty pleased for a 1st go. Even the fuzzy ones have interesting light

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 215517

View attachment 215519

One hell of a lens aint it :)

Pair it with a D3 and ya almost gotta take a cutting torch and/or crowbar to seperate the pair :)

M

mi2ark

I'll add it to the list of lenses that I need.

(thanks for that)

Great pics!

Nice series ........ even though the second image isn't focused ..... I like the effect, just something about it. Also, the same question Jose has........how did you bring your camera to the venue???

These are darn near as good as some D3 shots I've seen taken with an f/2.8! And believe me that's a compliment! Very nice work! :smile:

Hehehe.... guerilla photography. I sneaked it in in pieces and reassembled once in the venue. Let's just say that this is the one time it pays to have a decent sized rack. :wink:
hahaha.... nice! I will have to try it. I have usually just brought my point & shoot with no problems. But bringing in the DSLR would be more challenging!

"Is that a lens in your pants or are you just happy to see me!?" :wink:

hahaha.... nice! I will have to try it. I have usually just brought my point & shoot with no problems. But bringing in the DSLR would be more challenging!

"Is that a lens in your pants or are you just happy to see me!?" :wink:
LOL. That's pretty much it. A friend's husband has gone that route with the lens then had my friend carry the body in her purse covered with feminine hygiene products.

Hehehe.... guerilla photography. I sneaked it in in pieces and reassembled once in the venue. Let's just say that this is the one time it pays to have a decent sized rack. :wink:
patti...
that is funniest thing today

seriously....
how did you get to stand RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE STAGE to get these shots?

well done, by the way
i like them

Greg, I had tickets for 4th row centre. I'm so addicted to concert photography that I've joined a number of fan clubs of my favourite artists so I can get presale tix. Last time I saw John it was 3rd row centre but I only had a P&S then.

P.S. my concert junkie cohorts refer to my camera as the 'boob cam'.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I've got Police concerts in NY next month but I won't be close enough to use it except possibly at MSG for their final gig. After that I can be contacted at debtor's prison where they've booked my a suite.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom