1st D2H Post

Here's a couple from the weekend.

44786210.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If you have an itch - scratch it.

44786277.jpg

some nice shots Dennis, how are you liking your new baby!!! What lens are you using, got some funky DOF going there. LOL.............really like the first shot and nice to see it is not in your back yard. LOL!!!!

Look forward to seeing many more
Keith

Very nice Dennis. So how are you liking the machine gun so far? Takes pretty nice images, huh.

Hi Keith,

Thanks. Having lots of fun with the new toys but its going to take a while to get comfortable with them!

I used jpeg on the weekend as the memory cards I ordered hadn't arrived yet. I messed up a couple of times playing with white balance and forgetting to change the setting back - should have just left it on Auto.

These were shot with the 70-200 + 1.7 TC hand held (I'm still waiting for some stuff from Kirk) wide open at f4.8. I went out on a camping trip with our camera club. Three of us decided to do some back-roading on the way home. These were shot just outside of Princeton on the way to Coalmont. This deer was pretty used to traffic. All three of us were stopped beside the road and out came a D2X, my D2H, a D70, and all the big guns. :) :) The deer didn't seem too concerned.

We went up the Tulameen River valley and then cut over to the Coquahalla Lakes turnoff on the freeway. The day was overcast - in the right lighting the Tulameen Valley would be great for landscape shots.

Wrong forum, but here's a couple of others I took on the weekend, the 1st trying out the 17-35 in the Tulameen Valley and the 2nd is my attempt at a macro using the 70-200+1.7TC - not that great of a composition and handheld, but I was just trying it out to see what it would do.
44800043.gif

View attachment 10444

Gale, thanks for looking.

Frank,

Its going to take a bit of getting used to. On continuous mode, about 10 or 15 percent of the time I would get two shots when I only wanted a single shot - boy is that trigger sensitive! :) :) The focus speed and lack of shutter lag are incredible to work with compared to the CP4500. :) :)

Well I just had to check this post again.

Beautiful country. You have some awesome gear.

You guys better QUIT tempting me. I already went the 70-200 VR VR VR tc 1.4 route and sold my 80-400 VR, dummy i was.

Beautiful country. Bet you had spectacular views.

The flower is really gooooood. Love the valley view as well.

Latest threads

Top Bottom