1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1st front page!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flyfishdk, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

I have in the last 2 years been freelancing for the biggest newspapper in Denmark. I have done small assignments, portraits, sport and so. but 2 weeks ago I wass asked to go and shoot a reportage about Danish zoos using dead animals (in full size, no chubbing up) as food for the big cats. Actully a very positive story about a girl there had a sick horse. she did not want to sell it for dog food or to an unknown end of it's life. She donated it to the zoo.

Today I walked to the baker to get breakfirst. To my total disbelieve one of my picture where on the front of the newspaper... further more it was in the front of the baker as a tearsheat.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::eek: :eek: :eek:  inside they have used 11 of my pictures..

I have just been around in our city.. 150.000 living here... my picture is in front of all shops selling newspappers.... I have just called my dad he lives in copenhagen.. our capital.. the tearsheets are all over there aswell.....:biggrin:

_0010302copy.
    GR DIGITAL 2    ---    6mm    f/2.8    1/500s    ISO 800

2. Congratulations Nico, this must be a great feeling.

3. CldWht3

CldWht3

May 17, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Very nice. Congratulations!

4. Many congratulations Nico...I reckon you will be 'glowing' for at least a week and chasing the photo editor 'When's the next one...etc'
    All the best

5. Tillykke!
    Wonderful news. Good work!

6. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    That would be quite a surprise when you don't know about it ahead of time. Congratulations.

7. Wow, exciting - congrats! :) 

So, did they feed the horse to the lions? Did it die or did they kill it? :( 

8. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

yes it was a big surprise and I'm very happy...Thanks a lot.. :) 

Stacey: it was dead before they lions got it.

9. KayB

KayB

Aug 17, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Congratulations! That is fabulous!

10. Glas

Glas

Jun 17, 2007
    S.E.Asia
    Congrats Nico, that's great to hear :smile::smile:

11. Nico...
    that is AWESOME, sir
    i am so happy for you

very well done
    thank you for sharing this wonderful moment with us
    that is superb

12. Fantastic! Your hard work has paid off. Congrats!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.